Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Views showing empty video field tags

This support ticket is created 5 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Beda 5 years ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author

I am trying to: Copy a site and have it working the same.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: hidden link
That content has an empty video field (that shows below the featured image, like hidden link)

Instead, I got: the copied site (559AuctionHouses) shows '[types field='video'][/types]' instead of nothing for the empty video field.

The tags in the content template are identical on each site:

[wpv-conditional if="( NOT(empty($(wpcf-video))) )"]
[types field='video'][/types]
[/wpv-conditional]

Given the whole shortcode [types field='video'][/types] is printed, it seems Types is not active?
I can see in your Debug infor Toolset Types 3.2.7 to be active, but that might be not the case - given the Shortcode is not executed, that is very likely due to the Theme not allowing ShortCodes or Types not being active.

Another possibility since you have this field in a conditional is the conditional itself.
Does the field show properly if shown always, without a wrapping wpv-conditional?

Hence try to output only [types field='video'][/types] instead of

[wpv-conditional if="( NOT( empty( $(wpcf-video) ) ) )"]
[types field='video'][/types]
[/wpv-conditional]

If that works, it's due to the Conditional.

I can also have a look directly, please elaborate how far I can go with tests (only look, try changes as suggested above, or if a full testing site, even display plugins and similar)

I enabled private answer details to submit access in case above steps lead to no solution.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.