Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Views query by author profile page

This support ticket is created 7 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 7 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

Hello

I need to display author's posts at his profile page. I already have created a view but I still struggle how to filter the view query by the right author.

Profile page url is:

"example/user/username/?profiletab=posts"

So if we browse to "example/user/mike/?profiletab=posts" then we will see all the posts mike published.

I gone through that link (https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/filtering-views-query-by-author/) but it didn't help much.

Any advice?

Thanks

Dear Boris,

The URL you mentioned above is a Author archives, by default, it should be able to display the posts of the specific author, you can disable other plugins and switch to wordress default theme, and test again, and you can customize it with Views wordpress archive:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/normal-vs-archive-views/
See screenshot:
hidden link
There is an option "Author archives"

> you can disable other plugins and switch to wordress default theme

It is easy to say that.
WordPress is worth something without plugins?

My users profile page look as that:
"example/user/username/?profiletab=posts"

And that something can't be changed.

Any advice?

Thanks

We need to know if there is any compatibility problem in your website,
Does it works after you deactivate other plugins and switch to wordress default theme?
If it works, can you locate the problem plugin/theme?
Is there any way I can duplicate same problem?
To give you new advice, I need more details, thanks

I can give you access to our website if you enable private reply.

We use that plugin to create our profile pages:
https://wordpress.org/plugins/ultimate-member/

Thanks

Thanks for the details, I am downloading the plugin "Ultimate Member", and will feedback if there is anything found

2001.JPG

I just install the plugin "Ultimate Member" + Views + Types + other Toolset plugins + WordPress default theme "Twenty Seventeen" in a fresh wordpress 4.7.2 installation
Here is what I found:
1) in the URL: example/user/username/?profiletab=posts, I can see all posts of "username", it works fine, see screenshot: 2001.JPG
2) And the URL (example/user/username/?profiletab=posts) is a wordpress page, you can edit it, there is only one shortcode in it:
[ultimatemember form_id=xxx]
This is a custom shortcode from the plugin "Ultimate Member", which is out the range of Toolset support, so if there is any problem with this shortcode, I suggest you contact the plugin author of "Ultimate Member".

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.