Skip Navigation

[Resolved] views plugin adds extra elements in strange places

This support ticket is created 3 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Ido Angel 3 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

Hi,

This happens for the first time...
When I activate the VIEWS plugin, strange things happen:

hidden link

See image reference for before activation and after:

hidden link

hidden link

It doesn't happen with 2021 theme, but still can't figure out why it adds this <p> element there...
thx!

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

I will require to check how you setup the page and what Toolset control you are using to display the content.

Can you please share access details so I can check whats going wrong and what is displaying the additional <p> tag.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

Indeed, I see what you mean and I can see that when I deactivate the View's plugin the sidebar displays normal and if I activate the view's plugin the sidebar that displays text with icon is broken.

The thing is that, we do have integration with Elementor but then I run a test with Elementor by adding the checkboxes list module and on my test site view's plugin is active and I can see its working:
=> hidden link

This is really strange and as you confirm that this does not happen with default 2021 theme.

As you shared the sidebar is the default template that your theme offers. Would you mind to check with your theme author and check with them what causes the issue, obviously it could be Toolset Views as when we activate it the sidebar is broken but it would be great help if they share what is the conflict here and if they point out Toolset fix we would be happy to address it.

This looks like to me the conflict between your theme but to ensure, would you mind to contact your theme author about this and let us know their feedback on this issue.

Hey,
They replied the same - "our theme is compatible with all other plugins you are using, please check with toolset developers" etc...
:\

Minesh
Supporter

Thats really strange.

This was a bit weird issue and fortunately I've workaround to offer you.

For now, I've added the following JS code to the following JS snippet:
=> hidden link

if($(".elementor-icon-list-item").length > 0){

$(".elementor-icon-list-item span.elementor-icon-list-icon").each(function(){
    	$(this).find("svg").append($(this).parent().parent().find("p").find("path"));
     	$(this).parent().append($(this).parent().parent().find("p").find("span"));
     	$(this).html($(this).html());
    });
    $(".elementor-icon-list-item p").remove();

}

I can see it working as expected: hidden link

Can you please confirm it works at your end as well.

Thanks!
I changes the code a bit, as there were still <p> elements in the headline of the sidebar and the list started to have some line-height issues:

if($(".elementor-icon-list-item").length > 0){

$(".elementor-icon-list-item span.elementor-icon-list-icon").each(function(){
    	$(this).find("svg").append($(this).parent().parent().find("p").find("path"));
     	$(this).parent().append($(this).parent().parent().find("p").find("span"));
     	$(this).html($(this).html());
    });
    $(".elementor-icon-list-item a").css("line-height", "0");
    $(".paddthis p").remove();

}

I suspect this might have a relation to the sidebar class somehow, and not to the list itself. Maybe the fact the sidebar is "aside" and not "div"?

Anyway, if you can't find another fix - this will do, but the question is why is it happening and will I have to add more workarounds like this to future elements...

Thanks Minesh and a happy new year!

Minesh
Supporter

Happy New Year. 🙂

There is no fix available, I shared just -workaround. Its up to you if you want to use it or not. As I'm not sure whats causing the issue as multiple things involved (theme/third-party plugin/Toolset) and the main thing is that as per my testing it works with Elementor just fine as I acknowledged with my previous reply.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.