Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Views and Woocommerce front end shop manager not working together

This support ticket is created 7 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 10:00 - - - - -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+02:00)

This topic contains 15 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Mohammed 7 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Mohammed.

Author

Hello,

I have built my shop pages with Views and I am also using parametric search to show products. WC Front End Shop Manager is not working for those products which are shown by Views.

Is it possible to fix this?

BR
Pagel

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

I haven't used Front End Shop Manager but I will make enquiries on your behalf.

Can I first clarify what doesn't work.

On the front end of your site where you are looking at pages generated by your parametric search View, do the pages render as expected, with the intended content?

What, then, is it that you try to do next?
- What do you expect to happen?
- What actually happens?

Let me know and I will follow this up.

WFSM_issue.PNG

Hello,

I have parametric search and the results in the same page. All is working as expected.

I have Woocommerce Front End Manager which should have those editing icons like in the attached image. Those editing icons are visible for Related Products which are originally coming from Woocommerce. But I cannot see those for Products I am showing with parametric search.

Also I cannot see those icons in the single product page which I have built using content template.

If I turn my shop page to original Woocommerce page I can see all the icons for every products which would be the desired outcome for parametric search as well.

BR
Pagel

Nigel
Supporter

Pagel

I would like to do some local testing if that's possible. I will need access to your site to create a snapshot, for which I will temporarily add a backup plugin and remove it when I'm done. I have marked your next reply as private so that you can add WordPress & FTP credentials. You might want to create a temporary admin account for me to use which you can delete once I have cloned your site.

Nigel
Supporter

Pagel

I did some testing locally, and can confirm what you have reported, that the buttons from WCFESM are being added whether standard WooCommerce loops or single products are used, but not when these have been replaced with custom Views.

I took a look at the plugin code and can see that the addition of the buttons is via hooking into WooCommerce action hooks, which means that you cannot currently use custom Views and have the buttons appear.

I am going to escalate this to 2nd tier to see whether it is possible to modify the WooCommerce Views plugin templates to add the missing hooks that are present in the original WooCommerce template files.

(As a workaround you could edit the WooCommerce Views template files to add the missing hooks yourself. On the archive loop pages WCFESM uses the hook 'woocommerce_before_shop_loop_item', and on the single product page it uses the 'woocommerce_before_single_product_summary' hook.)

I will keep you updated with any news (and will respond to your other ticket there).

Hello,

Okay good to know!

I am not that familiar editing hooks so could you assist a bit how to edit those hooks in the archive loop pages?

Actually I did some editing but it only shows one WCFSM icon on the shop page when I edited the archive-product file but nothing on the parametric search result page which would be the most important page for me. How could I show the icons for each product on that page?

Thanks!

-Pagel

Hello Pagel,

I’m Mohammed Toolset support second tier and I have been escalated to this thread. I’ll give my best to help you to achieve your needs through Toolset components.

As Nigel mentioned, I also added the hook into the WooCommerce Views single product template like this:

do_action( 'woocommerce_before_shop_loop_item');

Then the buttons appeared .

FYI, we are going to launch a new WooCommerce Views release .It was supposed to be launched tomorrow.

I've forwarded this issue to the development team so that they consider it in the new release.
I hope they can find the time to deploy a fix to it in this release.

Please keep following this thread and I will notify you once I get any updates.

Thanks.

Hello,

I got it working for single product template but for me it would be important to get it visible to the parametric search results page. I tried that for the archive-product-template but there was only one icon visible for the first product on the shop page but none for the parametric search result page.

If this fix will be updated in the next release I am really fine. If not, it would be great if you could still help me with the parametric search result page icons.

Really appreciate your support!

Let's see if the fix will be there in the next update.

BR
Pagel

Hi Pagel,

Thank you for your patience.

This is an update that this issue will be fixed in the next WooCommerce Views release.
The fix will include the products archive page and the single product page as well.

Note: To make the single product works well while setting the "Product Template File " in WooCommerce Views settings as "WooCommerce Views plugin default single product template" , you should assign the product to a content template.

Please wait and I will notify you once we launch the new release.

Thanks.

Hi,

Thanks for the update. Does that mean the next release is the coming very shortly or any estimates when it will be released?

If the release date is unknown could you please help me a bit to get it working on the parametric search result page?

Thanks!

BR
Pagel

Hi Pagel,

We would launch the next release this week I hope that this suites you.

Thanks.

Hello,
That's great. I will wait for it.
Thanks again.
-Pagel

Hi Pagel,

This is to notify you that WooCommerce Views is released.

Please update the plugin and test the issue.

I'm waiting your feedback.

Thanks..

Hello,

Thanks for the update. I tested it but for me is not working as supposed. For parametric search results page it is showing only one edit icon instead one for all products. In my case I decided that I will add another page for editing products so it is fine but to get edit icons shown in the parametric search result page it is not working as well as with the original woocommerce layout.

BR
Pagel

Hi Pagel,

Actually, this is not an issue.

The icons are present but they need to be well styled.

To make them appear, please wrap the loop items in a div and give this div a class like "loop-single-prod"

Then add the following style to you custom stylesheet or to the loop custom CSS:

.loop-single-prod {
    position: relative;
    display: inline-block;
}

The loop would be something like this:

<wpv-loop>
          <div class="single-prod-wrapper">
          //Loop items
          </div>
</wpv-loop>

Please let me know if you can implement this.
In case you couldn't implement the, please let me know and I will do it for you.
You may mention the View ID and the page ID or any related information.

Thanks.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.