Skip Navigation

[Resolved] View with only showing draft listings

This support ticket is created 2 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by michaelH-44 2 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author
available-listings.jpg

I am trying to: View listings that are published on the site

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: N/A. Site is currently under development

I expected to see: I should be able to access some published listings. Only five are shown, and searching returns no options.

Instead, I got: Only five results are available, and all are drafts

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello and thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

The dropdown only shows 5 results. You might need to search with the exact name of the post. If that does not help, I'd like to check this closely. Your next reply will be private to let you share credentials safely. ** Make a database backup before sharing credentials. **

Please let me know the content template and what post you want to preview.

Hello,

When I use the listing post search, nothing is returned. For example, there are multiple business directory listings that start with 'Battle River'. When I search with those two words, nothing is returned.

Using the 'Search Listings' filter on the listings custom posts type returns all results that contain 'Battle River'.

Cheers,

Jamal
Supporter

Would you allow me temporary access to your website to check this further? Your next reply will be private to let you share credentials safely. ** Make a database backup before sharing credentials. **

Can you also share a direct link to the content template?

Jamal
Supporter

The preview's dropdown search, just like the blocks editor, uses REST API to search for the posts. The "Listing" post type was disabling the REST API. I enabled it on the post type options. Check this screenshot hidden link
hidden link

However, this has not helped fixing the search for listing posts. I need to make sure it is not a compatibility issue. Please check if this search does not work when:
- Only Toolset plugins are activated. It will tell us if there is an interaction issue with another plugin.
- The theme is set to a WordPress default like Twenty-Twenty. It will tell us if there is an interaction issue with your theme.
If the problem disappears, start activating one at a time to track where the incompatibility is produced.

If this does not help find the cause of the issue, I'll need to take a copy of your website for further debugging in my local development environment, let me know if that's fine with you.

Hello,

I have tried disabling all plugins except for Toolset, and switching to Twenty Twenty One, but neither change helped fix this issue.

I have had a custom field importation issue with FG Joomla to WordPress and the Mosets Tree add-on. The developer of that plugin has asked me to re-import all of the data because they released an updated point release of the add-on that should fix this issue. I am going to proceed with that and see if it also addresses this issue.

I will post an update once that work has been completed.

Cheers,

Jamal
Supporter

Thank you for your feedback. I'll set this ticket as waiting for your reply, which should keep it open for a couple of weeks. You will receive email notifications before it gets closed.

If the compatibility test does not help the origin of the issue, I'll need to take a copy of your website for further debugging locally. Let me know if that's fine with you.

Hello,

It looks like re-importing the Joomla content including the Mosets data resolved this issue.

A related issue that I have is: how do you display text labels for custom fields that are conditional. For example, if I have fax number field that is only populated for certain listing posts, how can I can have that label hidden on the front end when no fax number value is present.

Fax Number (Show if fax number included in post, hide if not)
123 456-7890

Cheers,

New threads created by Jamal and linked to this one are listed below:

https://toolset.com/forums/topic/how-do-you-display-text-labels-for-custom-fields-that-are-conditional/

Jamal
Supporter

Awesome, I am glad you got this fixed. However, for support rules, we are able to handle only one issue at the time. This helps us to bring you a better service and also helps other users to find all the information here exposed. For that reason I have created another ticket to answer your last question. Kindly, mark this ticket as resolved.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.