Skip Navigation

[Resolved] View Product Display Inconsistency

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqar 1 year, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author
plinkers-price.jpg

I am using a View with a filter to output Products onto a page.

The specific page is here...

hidden link

As you can see, one of the products isn't displaying the price.

The product is Kent 12 Gauge Fasteel 2.0 3″ 1-1/4oz #4 Shot Ammo.

I have reviewed the product multiple times and I cannot figure out why the price is not displaying. I don't know if it a glitch in TOOLSET or a conflict. This product is essentially identical to all other products on the page.

Any help is appreciated.

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

I've checked the product that you referenced and it is very strange that its price is not showing on the product category archive page.

I also compared this product's settings with the other variable products (whose prices are showing), but couldn't find any difference.

Have you tested this with all extra plugins disabled and the default theme like Twenty Twenty One? This test will help in narrowing down any conflict with the third-party code.

Please let me know how it goes and I'll also need your permission to download a clone/snapshot of your website to investigate this on a different server.

regards,
Waqar

I tried testing with various plugins disabled and it still remained unchanged.

You have my permission to clone the site.

Waqar
Supporter

Thank you for the permission and I've downloaded the website's clone.

I'm currently performing some tests on this and will share the findings, as soon as this testing completes.

Thank you for your patience.

Any update on this??

We have noticed that this is happening for ALL new variable products that are being published.

Waqar
Supporter

Thank you for waiting.

I've tested your website on a couple of different servers and the price display issue for the variable products persists, even when Toolset and all other plugins (except for WooCommerce) are deactivated. Switching to a default theme like Twenty Twenty One also has no effect.

This suggests that the issue is not related to Toolset or any other third-party plugin or theme and it will need to be addressed by WooCommerce support.

You can create an online clone of your website, deactivate all plugins except WooCommerce and then share that website's details with their support for troubleshooting this price issue.

I don't understand.
The shortcode that I am using is a TOOLSET shortcode. The shortcode displays pricing for other products... but not for the newest products that we have created. I'm having trouble figuring out why this is a Woocommerce issue. If the data is saving properly to the DB then the shortcode should display it right?

I have a feeling that Woocommerce is simply going to divert me back to TOOLSET support.

Additionally, you stated..
"the price display issue for the variable products persists, even when Toolset and all other plugins (except for WooCommerce) are deactivated."

I don't know how the issue remained when you deactivated TOOLSET since the shortcode I used to display the price was a TOOLSET shortcode.

I contacted Woocommerce Support and this is the reply that I got (and expected)....
==================================================================
Thank you for reaching out to us in WooCommerce live chat earlier and for your patience while we looked into this.
But as of recently, as you can see, one of the products isn't displaying the price.

---------The product is Kent 12 Gauge Fasteel 2.0 3″ 1-1/4oz #4 Shot Ammo. This seems to be happening with ALL NEW variable products that are being added.------------

I checked your site and was able to see the issue you're encountering. On the single product pages for the variable products, we saw this error in the console:
"Uncaught SyntaxError: Invalid regular expression: missing /"

Variable prices tend to display a range of prices from the lowest to highest, which is the default behavior for WooCommerce.
Therefore, the issue does appear to be with the Toolset theme or perhaps one of the Toolset extensions being used. To be certain if that's the case, I'd recommend performing a quick conflict test on a staging site. You can then switch to a default theme such as Storefront or Twenty Twenty and by disable all extensions except for WooCommerce.

If it is indeed a conflict, I'd recommend contacting the Toolset support team for further assistance:
https://toolset.com/forums/forum/professional-support/.com/contact/

If you have any additional questions or encounter any difficulties, please let us know.
==================================================================

Waqar
Supporter

Thanks for writing back.

I've created an online staging copy of your website without any extra plugins and themes.
hidden link

The same admin access details from your website will work and you'll see that it has only the WooCommerce plugin and no Toolset or any other third-party plugins. The theme active is the default "Twenty Twenty-One" and the "Storefront" theme is also installed.

If you'll check the shop page ( hidden link ) scroll through some pages, you'll see there are a number of variable products which are not showing the price, despite no extra plugins or extensions are activated.

You can share the access details of this staging copy so that Woocommerce Support can download the copy and investigate the issue accordingly.
( this staging website will be deleted in a week, so it is important that they don't investigate on it directly and download its copy )

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.