Skip Navigation

[Closed] View grid columns are not as expected

This support ticket is created 3 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Jamal 3 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author

Hello

The date field seems to be working as expected now, but something is still not right. I specified displaying 3 posts in a 3-column grid, but it only displays one post or zero pages.
I also cannot find a query filter (I want to filter by category).

I'm experiencing these problems whether into a post, i.e. hidden link

or a page, i.e. hidden link

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

The issue with this post hidden link is that you are using a content template for it "Excerpt Template", this content template does not display the content(body) of the post, which uses a view.

I removed the content template assignment on the post but it did not give a result for the view, and it is the same case for the view on this page too hidden link

I suspect that a cache layer on the server is probably causing this, so, I suggest that you remove these views and recreate them again.
If the issue persists, I'll need to take a copy of your website for some local debugging, let me know if that's ok with you. We prefer Duplicator copies as described here https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/
Please use filter to reduce the size of the copy as described in this video around 1:00 hidden link
If Duplicator fails to create a copy, we'll need a database copy/export, plugins, and theme folders, all in a zip file.
Your next reply will be private to let you share the download link safely.

Jamal
Supporter

Thank you very much. I am downloading the Duplicator copy and I'll check it and get back to you as soon as possible.

Jamal
Supporter

I assume that the shared Duplicator copy is not from yesterday, right! Because it does not contain the "Toolset Test" post.

It does contain the Welcome page, and it was rendered without issues on my copy. First, I had to remove a styling on the loop that makes the results rendered in white(invisible). Check this screenshot hidden link

I assume that something on your server(probably a cache layer) is interfering with the views. To confirm that, I wanted to create a new installation on our online platform, but I am facing some issues with that. I'll prepare it as soon as our system admin fixes the server.

In the meantime, I would suggest building the Duplicator copy on a different server/hosting, or locally, and check if you will encounter the same view's problem.

The topic ‘[Closed] View grid columns are not as expected’ is closed to new replies.