Skip Navigation

[Closed] view filter no longer working

This support ticket is created 2 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 20 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 2 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

I am trying to debug your website custom codes, will update here if find anything

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Elise

I noticed this has not been updated for some time, so I stepped in to take a look this afternoon.

I downloaded a copy of the site. It's a big and complex site, difficult to install a copy of, but I did have a minimal version working where I was able to edit the View in question and found that it did return matching event posts.

The issue may arise from a resource limit or conflict with something else on your site.

Could you please create a staging site for us to work on where we can run through tests on your server without having to worry about affecting the live site? (I did a few superficial tests on your live site just now, re-instating the problem query filter, but don't want to touch anything else.)

I'll set up another private reply to get credentials for the staging site.

sql-query.jpg

I have tried your duplicator package in my localhost, the same post view works fine in my localhost.

In your website, the post view "15MM Schedule Actor Conflict Sheet Test" is using below SQL query:

SELECT   yww_posts.* FROM yww_posts  LEFT JOIN yww_term_relationships ON (yww_posts.ID = yww_term_relationships.object_id) INNER JOIN yww_postmeta ON ( yww_posts.ID = yww_postmeta.post_id )  INNER JOIN yww_postmeta AS mt1 ON ( yww_posts.ID = mt1.post_id )  INNER JOIN yww_postmeta AS mt2 ON ( yww_posts.ID = mt2.post_id )  INNER JOIN yww_postmeta AS mt3 ON ( yww_posts.ID = mt3.post_id )  INNER JOIN yww_postmeta AS mt4 ON ( yww_posts.ID = mt4.post_id )  INNER JOIN yww_postmeta AS mt5 ON ( yww_posts.ID = mt5.post_id ) WHERE 1=1  AND ( 
  yww_term_relationships.term_taxonomy_id IN (288,362)
) AND ( 
  yww_postmeta.meta_key = '_event_start_date' 
  AND 
  ( 
    ( mt1.meta_key = '_event_start_date' AND CAST(mt1.meta_value AS DATE) >= '2022-03-02' ) 
    AND 
    ( mt2.meta_key = 'wpcf-15-mm-date-code' AND mt2.meta_value != 'N/A' ) 
    AND 
    ( mt3.meta_key = '_event_end_date' AND CAST(mt3.meta_value AS DATE) < '2022-09-01' ) 
    AND 
    ( mt4.meta_key = 'wpcf-actors' AND mt4.meta_value = 'YES' ) 
    AND 
    ( mt5.meta_key = 'wpcf-team-color' AND mt5.meta_value != 'RED' )
  )
) AND yww_posts.post_type = 'event' AND ((yww_posts.post_status = 'publish' OR yww_posts.post_status = 'private')) GROUP BY yww_posts.ID ORDER BY yww_postmeta.meta_value ASC 

You can get above post view by these:
1) Open URL hidden link
2) In the debug window, find the SQL query in section "MySQL query"

I have tried the same SQL query in my localhost with your duplicator package, I get 33 results, see my screenshot sql-query.JPG

So it should be a server issue, can you get the MYSQL debug logs from your website?

One of the queries is supposed to only show things where the date is greater than or equal to today - and the screenshot you posted showed that those 33 query results had lots of items that were from the post - so the query isn't working properly there either.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

The results in Luo's screenshot show the post date (from the past), not the event start date (which is the date being used in the filter), and if you check the event start dates which correspond to the returned posts you'll see that they meet the date test.

Are you able to provide a staging site we can test on to see why the results are different on your server?

Please provide a test site with the same problem, fill below private message box with login details, thanks

The topic ‘[Closed] view filter no longer working’ is closed to new replies.