Skip Navigation

[Resolved] View block in Widget Area doesn’t return any post data

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

Toolset Blocks do not work with the new WordPress block widgets

Solution:

Toolset blocks are not compatible with the new WordPress block widgets,

Please follow the workaround below to enable the classic mode:

https://toolset.com/errata/toolset-blocks-do-not-work-in-new-block-based-widgets-editor/

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by ralphN-2 1 year, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Christopher Amirian.

Author
Screenshot at Jun 05 10-57-14.png
Screenshot at Jun 05 11-01-54.png

I am trying to:
A simple sidebar widget showing custom post type information such as image and title

When trying to add an image with a dynamic source, the custom post type isn't shown (it isn't available at all).
When trying to add a title/header block it also isn't working, I get an error message "There were no posts found to display for this View's query."

Screenshot attached.

What can I do? Side note: I also saw that the widget shows a lock symbol, which I find strange, maybe this has something to do with it?

Christopher Amirian
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Hi there,

Toolset blocks do not work with the new Widget system of WordPress.

Kindly use the workaround below to enable the classic widget system:

https://toolset.com/errata/toolset-blocks-do-not-work-in-new-block-based-widgets-editor/

Thank you.

Hi Christoph,

this is really strange because it used to work up until recently, when I had in fact created several block-based widgets using the new WP widget system. Perhaps, it was somehow overriden now with the latest Toolset update?!!

Anyhow, I have now installed the classic widget plugin and it is a workaround, but not a very convenient one. Are there any plans to get this fixed?

Thanks & best regards, Ralph

Christopher Amirian
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Hi Ralph,

The problem is reported to our internal issue tracker.

I can not tell if it will be considered in a timely manner and I do not have ETA, but please keep the URL that I shared for the workaround handy as we will inform there if there is a fix for that.

At the moment the legacy Classic Widget view is the way to go.

Thank you.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.