Skip Navigation

[Closed] View Block Grid Count not working

This support ticket is created 3 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Jamal 3 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author

I updated from Toolset Views to Toolset Blocks and tried to recreate my custom view design in the Block editor (did this for a simpler workflow later on).

I created a new Content Template, added a View Block and designed my custom search and view query. In the Block Editor everything seems to be working fine. My View is listed in a Grid of 2 columns. But when i look at it in the front end, no matter what i change the Grid column number to, its always displaying all my products in one 100% width column.

My observations are, that no matter what the Grid column number is set to, the css code generated stays the same. The normal Toolset Grid Block works fine everywhere. Just the grid for the view loop itself is not working.

I tried to find similar issues, but none of them fitting my description of the problem seem got be resolved without deactivating elementor itself. Which is no option for me here.

Frontend View Loop Link: hidden link

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello and thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Maybe the issue came from the fact that the view is being used inside an Elementor template. The view CSS is probably not loaded at all.
To better assist with this issue, I'll need to take a closer look at your view, content template, Elementor template, and check the differences. Your next reply will be private to let you share credentials safely. ** Make a database backup before sharing credentials. **

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

I think that the issue here is that the view has been built with blocks inside the content template. The block view has styles based on the flex model. But when this view is used inside an Elementor template, the styles conflict with Elementor and make every grid column take the whole width(100%).

Currently, our integration with Elementor does not offer a widget to include a content template, we only have a widget to include a view. I'll suggest inserting the content in the Elementor template instead of only inserting the view. You can use a shortcode widget with the following code:

[wpv-post-body view_template="Loop item in Produkte" item="[wpv-post-id]"]

If this does not work, please create a new content template, and create a new view inside of it, and make sure that this new content template is not used in any view's loop. Then use this view with the shortcode instead of the old one.

The topic ‘[Closed] View Block Grid Count not working’ is closed to new replies.