Skip Navigation

[Escalated to 2nd Tier] Validation form disappears after a few clicks

This support ticket is created 5 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 5 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

When I submit a form and the validation pops up, I click a few times and then the validation disappears. This can be very bad UX for the user who now can't tell what went wrong with the form.

This is an example:
hidden link

Is it possible to force it to not disappear by jQuery?

Additionally, is it possible to make each validation appear at the form that it refers to?
(e.g. if States has an error, get the validation error to appear at the input of States)

Thanks very much!

Hello,

Q1) I click a few times and then the validation disappears
The validation message box is triggered after you submit the form, it will disappear after you click in a text field
I click a few times and then the validation disappears

Q2) Is it possible to force it to not disappear by jQuery?
There isn't such a built-in feature, it needs a feature request

Q3) is it possible to make each validation appear at the form that it refers to?

This feature is only available for those custom fields validation created with Types plugin.
I assume you are using cred_form_validate to setup those custom validation message, if it is, same as above, it needs feature request.

Alright, could you help me file the feature request or is that something I need to do on my own?

New threads created by Luo Yang and linked to this one are listed below:

https://toolset.com/forums/topic/feature-requests-on-toolset-form-validation/

The new feature request ticket is created:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/feature-requests-on-toolset-form-validation/

Please follow up if there is anything missing

Thank you!

As request, I have escalate those two issues to our 2nd tier supporters, will update here if there is anything news.

Thank you, very much appreciated

There isn't any news from our 2nd tier supporters yet.

Here is the feedback from our 2nd tier supporters:
According to your video:
hidden link
you are clicking on empty area of the form, but the error message disappear.
This is abnormal, in my localhost, it occurs only when I click on any text(or other type of) field of the form, can you confirm it? thanks

I want to report something very strange. I cannot re-create the bug anymore. At first, I thought that it was because I was using a different theme. But then I switched back to the 2017 theme, but now the error box will still persist no matter where I click, even if it is the input box or outside of an input box.

FYI, previously, if I selected an input box, and then if I clicked somewhere outside of any of the forms, then the error would disappear.
----
So I suppose the issue about the disappearing error message is now resolved, since I cannot get that to replicate on my website. But do we leave the ticket open, with regards to the other issue (make each validation/error message appear at the input box that it refers to?)

Thanks for the comment, we can duplicate both of two problems, and have escalated to developers, but there isn't any ETA to implement both of them, I will update here if there is any news.