Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Using View in WP dashboard

This support ticket is created 2 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqar 2 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

Dear Sir/Madam,

View is very useful for me to let users manage the data, I understand View is a frontend plugin, is it possible to put it in WP dashboard, so that users think my View design is a kind of dashboard item and user can manage all other setting to WP.

Best regards,

Kelvin

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Kelvin,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

There is no built-in feature available to use the view's output inside the admin area environment.

To achieve something like this, you'll need a fair deal of custom code or some third-party plugin.

regards,
Waqar

Dear Waqar,

I know there is not a built-in feature, may I know whether I can use an iframe to embed a View using the WP page without the header and footer? In the past, I can use the Toolset Bootstrap theme to build a page without a header and footer, how can I do something similar now? What problem I have to consider? Will Toolset have plan to implement it?

Best regards,

Kelvin

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Thanks for writing back.

We haven't seen many requests for a similar feature for the admin area, so I doubt that something like this will be considered to be included any time soon.

Unfortunately, I'm out of ideas whether something like this would work or even be possible, as it will require a considerable amount of testing and customization.

If you absolutely need this, you can consult someone from our recommended contractors to see if they have some suggestions or have worked on a similar request before:
https://toolset.com/contractors/

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.