Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Using Fusion builder editor to create a template and default Avada archive.

This support ticket is created 7 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 7 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

Hi,

Working on a client's site who has the pro version of your plugin.

I love your pluigns for metadata but they bought Avada 5 because we love the Fusion builder and the way their archive pages look.

I have two related questions, please:

Can I use Fusion builder to make a Toolset template that assigns it to the custom post section I created? Ie, I want to make a template with Fusion builder to design it and have your plugin fill it with custom metadata. I have already done all the metadata. I just want it styled with Avada basically.

Also, I I like how the Avada search archive looks but your plugin replaced it with a non-dynamic result example. Cant we just use the Avada one but with extra custom metadata created with your plugin and include results both from the standard post type and the custom post type I made?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Maybe your documentation explains both questions but at least I didnt see anything that makes it obvious that these things are possible/simple.

My skill level would mean I could copy CSS example from Avada but I dont see why I cant just use what is already in Avada with some created by your plugin?

If this was my plugin, respectfully, I would just have the option to have a one-button "create from existing post type". Then have all the advanced stuff. Im tempted to make one eventually even. Unless this proves as easy/intuitive. Just saying.

~Gary.

I retract the question about search result pages. That was my fault for enabling it. I can see why you have done it like you have for that. Because some people dont have Avada and some people will prefer to use your plugin to build their own layout.

Will Revenlensi search plugin still display results for my custom post type?

Refined what I need to ask for as I have done as much as I can myself now.
Please, how do I make my custom post type archive get results formatted the same as my Avada site search pages?

Thanks again in advance.

~Gary.

Ok dont worry about that either lol. Its fine now. Sorry,

All I have to do now is work out how to order them based on custom meta. Will try to do that but if I cant I will get back to you.

Thanks. =)

Dear Gary,

I assume we are talking about wordpress archive of Views plugin, when you edit a wordpress archive , there is a section "Ordering", there you can setup order by custom field.
See our document:
WordPress Archive – Customizing the Appearance of Archive Pages
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/normal-vs-archive-views/

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.