Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Using a Beaver Builder Content Template with video

This support ticket is created 7 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Nathan 7 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

The other day the Beaver Builder team updated the plugin to allow background images on content rows by simply pasting in a Vimeo or YouTube URL. It works really well.

I've been using a Views Content Template with Beaver Builder and trying to get a shortcode for a text field to show the video as a background.

I always end up with the same result though - NO video background. Just the fallback colour!
However, if I simply put the URL directly into the Page Builder without trying to fetch it via the shortcode, it all works fine.

I've tried to display this field with and without formatting - nothing!

I've tried removing quotes and added " and ' to this shortcode:
[types field='vimeo-youtube-url'][/types]
so I've tried:
[types field=vimeo-youtube-url][/types]
and
[types field="vimeo-youtube-url"][/types]
Not working!!!

Any ideas would be most welcome.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Nathan

Sorry, I think Luo and I tried to reply at the same time.

I don't have the BB update to test this but it is almost certainly because the Types shortcode is not being processed in time for the Beaver Builder action which handles the video background, which is seeing the shortcode text rather than a url.

This is likely to require some specific action on our part to print the url in time.

The best way forward is for you to make this a feature request, which will be handled directly by our developers.

Unfortunately, that requires you to submit a new thread which you mark as a feature request.

Sorry for the duplication (and any confusion) required.

Okay - I'll do just that and post a feature request.

Thanks for helping out.

I cannot see how to submit a "feature request" - how do I do that please?

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Screen Shot 2016-09-23 at 09.45.03.png

When you go to create a new thread in the professional support forum scroll down and you can select what type of thread you are creating.

See the attached screenshot for an example.

Great, thanks Nigel. That was fast!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.