Skip Navigation

[Resolved] user forms with woocommerce subscriptions cannot set username and password

This support ticket is created 2 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?

I am setting up Access with Woocommerce Subscriptions. When I submit the form a new user is created but overrides the username with %firstname%.%lastname%. The password doesn't work to login as well.

Is there any documentation that you are following?

Somewhat, https://toolset.com/course-chapter/creating-the-form-for-member-sign-up/

Is there a similar example that we can see?

NA

What is the link to your site?

Will provide privately

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

By default, the Toolset user form generates the username from the email address (excluding the domain and @ part).
( if the option "Auto-generate Username" is enabled in the form's settings )

It is possible that some third-party code from the theme or active plugins is overriding this default behavior, on your website.

I'll recommend testing this with all non-Toolset plugins disabled and a standard theme like Twenty Twenty-One. If it's fixed, you can start adding the disabled items, one by one, to narrow down to a possible conflicting one.

I hope this helps and please let me know how it goes.

regards,
Waqar

Thanks Waqar, I had an error in the Woocommerce Subscriptions plugin overriding the form fields. Thanks mate!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.