Skip Navigation

[Resolved] User / Customer custom fields update and notifications

This support ticket is created 2 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?

I am building a multi-vendor rental site and need help with the following scenario:

1. Client registers on the site using custom registration form - only completing specific fields - Username / Email / Password ( Toolset user form )

2. Client browses to rentals - selects rental and sends quote request - this is sorted just mentioning it as part of the flow.

3. Once the client accepts the quote, they are then directed to checkout to make payment ( Woocommerce ) all good here.

4. Once payment has been made the client then receives an email with order info etc... and then is directed to complete the Preference fields in the registration form ( same form as in step 1 ).

5. Once the Preference fields have been completed then I need these details to be emailed to the relevant vendor. - This is the pat I need help with.

Is there any documentation that you are following?

I followed documentation to set up the user custom fields, registration form and edit user details form so those are all sorted.

I have an idea that I'm not sure will work - but is it possible to have a field in the user form where the client can insert the Woocommerce order number or vendor number and then that can be used as the reference for where to send the form on update? Not sure if this is even viable but makes sense?

Is there a similar example that we can see?

Unfortunately I dont have an example.

What is the link to your site?

hidden link this is just a temporary domain for development.

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

From your message, it is not clear how "vendors" are set up with the products/rentals, but the "cred_notification_recipients" filter can be used to add/remove recipients to the form notifications:
https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/cred-api/#cred_notification_recipients

If you have the WooCommerce order number or the vendor number, then it is possible to get the related vendor's email and set it as a recipient, using that filter.

I hope this helps and please let me know if you need any further assistance around this.

regards,
Waqar

Hi Waqar,

Thanks for your reply and apologies for not replying sooner.

Ok so for the vendors I am using Yith multi-vendor plugin for woocommerce.

I have read through the documentation you sent but I am still not clear on what to do - in theory I understand what needs to happen but I dont have any experience working with api - also not sure what "cred" means?

So for now I have set it up so that when the form is updated I receive an email with the data so that's working fine. I just need a step-by-step on how to set it to send the info to the vendor based on the woocommerce order number.

If you could assist with that I would be so grateful.

Thanks,
Janey

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Thanks for writing back.

I'm afraid, 1-1 customization assistance of this scale is beyond the scope of support that we can provide over the forum. But, we do our best to guide you in the right direction, whenever possible.

For example, I found this article online, which shows how to extract the Yith vendor's information (including email), from the order number:
hidden link

The same approach can be used inside a custom function attached to the "cred_notification_recipients" hook, so that related vendor email can be included in the recipients for the form notification.
( ref: https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/cred-api/#cred_notification_recipients )

For more personalized assistance around custom code, you can consider hiring a professional from our list of recommended contractors:
https://toolset.com/contractors/

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.