Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Use default woocommerce template from parent layout

This support ticket is created 7 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Beda 7 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author

I have a parent Layout that has the header & footer for my site.

I have added woocommerce to my site and selected to use the default template.

This then loads the basic template which is fine but I would like my own headers and footer I defined in layouts to be there.

Is there a quick way to add the entire shop and product layouts to my parent layout or do I have to go and build the layouts from scratch inserting every field myself?

I am fine with the default shop, I just want a quick way to get my header and footer layout to be the parent.

The Default Templates of WooCommerce do not support Toolset.

You will need WooCommerce Views and then enable the WooCommerce Views Default templates.

Then you can either set your Parent Layout as the default, which will apply to all NEW created Layouts, or you can simply head to each "child" Layout and edit it, so to set the parent Layout.

It should not take too much time, as you do not need to recreate those.

DOC:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/getting-started-woocommerce-views/
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/hierarchical-layouts/

I have set it to use default views template. How do I go set that to have my parent? They do not appear in my list of views.

Are you saying I have to now go build all the layouts manually by creating all the markup pages and specifying fields?

All I want to do is set header and footer from my layout and then have the default woocommerce layouts without having to make all the pages again from scratch.

You have two choices:

1. You leave the WooCommerce Templates as they are.

Then you do not need WooCommerce Views, and Layouts will not be working on thsi templates, or only restricted.

2. You can customize the WooCommerce Templates of Shop and Single Product, and then you need WooCommerce Views, and you need to construct (at least) Content Templates or Archives with Views, and create the Content with our ShortCodes, or you use Layouts and do basically the same, just you will include Content Template Cells or Archive Cells in Layouts.

The ShortCodes are here:
https://toolset.com/documentation/woocommerce-views-shortcodes/

3. You can include Layouts in your header.php and footer.php as well, and customize them with layouts, if you want.
This will then allwo you to style header and footer with Layouts, but leave the content in between to the Theme.
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/layouts-theme-integration/

You would just place the call to the_ddlayout('header') into your header.php and the same for the footer: the_ddlayout('footer')

Then you would cretae two layouts and give them respectively a slug as in "header" and "footer".

This will then call those layouts whenever header.php or footer.php are triggered.

I created layout for product page and product archive but the view cart link just returns to homepage. Do I need to create all of the checkout pages too?

Checkout pages can not really be widely customized with toolset.
You can use a layout on them and call the WooCommerce ShortCode in them, but that is it.

I am not sure why teh Button is linking to the wrong page.

Can you show me the Code you use in the layout/archive to link to the Checkout?

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.