Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Fatal error when updating Toolset Views using WordPress 4.9.x versions

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
We are using WordPress 4.9.x (before Gutenberg) and when updating Toolset Views we see a fatal error:

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function OTGS\Toolset\Views\Services\register_block_type() in .../wp-content/plugins/wp-views/backend/Services/Bootstrap.php:44 

Solution:
Update to the latest Views version, as this issue was fixed in Views 3.0.2

This support ticket is created 4 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Elsie 4 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author

I am trying to: update Views to version 3.0.1

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: I've deactivated Views temporarily, so the site is back looking normal.

I expected to see: nothing significant. I'm pretty sure this is the second website this has happened on for me. though.

Instead, I got:

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function OTGS\Toolset\Views\Services\register_block_type() in .../wp-content/plugins/wp-views2/backend/Services/Bootstrap.php:44 

Stack trace:

#0 .../wp-content/plugins/wp-views2/application/controllers/main.php(84): OTGS\Toolset\Views\Services\Bootstrap->initialize() 
#1 .../wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(286): WPV_Main->initialize_classes(Object(Toolset_Common_Bootstrap)) 
#2 .../wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(310): WP_Hook->apply_filters(NULL, Array) 
#3 .../wp-includes/plugin.php(453): WP_Hook->do_action(Array)
#4 .../wp-content/plugins/wp-views2/vendor/toolset/toolset-common/bootstrap.php(104): do_action('toolset_common_...', Object(Toolset_Common_Bootstrap)) 
#5 .../wp-content/plugins/wp-views2/vendor/toolset/toolset-common/bootstrap.php(123): Toolset_Common_Bootstrap->__construct() 
#6 /home/vtadultc/public_html/wp-con in .../wp-content/plugins/wp-views2/backend/Services/Bootstrap.php on line 44

I found some ticket that seems to mention the same error:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/update-to-views-3-0-and-or-types-3-3-8-testing-now-took-entire-site-down/#post-1416895

It seems the user was able to determine the issue as due to WordPress versions.
WP 4.9.12 or 4.9.13, as the user reports, present the error.

In fact, when I tested that, I was as well able to confirm this issue, which helps me to be sure about my next statement:
You use WordPress version 4.9.13 according to the Debug information submitted, and Toolset Views will fail with a fatal error on that WordPress version, hence the error you see when updating.

This problem is now reported to our developers because as the other user points out, our minimal requirements are WordPress 3.4–5.3.2 and hence, Toolset should work fine with 4.9.13
https://toolset.com/toolset-requirements/

I will then update you as soon I have news about the progress of any eventual fix - meanwhile - it seems to be the only solution - you could update WordPress to its latest version.

This is now resolved in Toolset Views 3.0.2

My issue is resolved now after updating the plugin to 3.0.2. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.