Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Updating transcoded video file path reference – pt2

This support ticket is created 3 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by JamesS2731 3 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author

Hi Jamal,

With reference to our last support ticket - https://toolset.com/forums/topic/updating-transcoded-video-filenpath-reference/#post-1976525

Many apologies, after testing last night I’ve noticed that, whilst the video now works, I’m getting the same video on each page (the latest upload). Would this be down to the ID being passed?

Sorry! You’ve gone above and beyond th scallops of duty on this one.

Kind regards
James

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello and thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

As I am still logged in to your website, I tried to find what view you are talking about. This page displays only one video hidden link
I checked several other pages but I could not find a page that displays the same video multiple times.

Can you tell me where I can see the issue?

Hi Jamal,

Many thanks for jumping on this so quickly (and at the weekend!).

If you login as a user. For example:

UN: golfer
PW: golfer#test

and go to My Videos, you'll see two videos; one of a train and one of a deer. If you click on either video, you'll only see the deer (as that was uploaded last).

SO the single video pages only seem to show the last video posted, not the correct video for that post.

I look forward to your thoughts.

Kind regards
James

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello James,

From what I gathered so far, you have used a view inside an Elementor template that should display a single post. Because the view is limited to display only one post, it displays the same video for all posts' single page. That's not how it should be done.

Note that views are meant to display a list of posts and content template are meant to display only one post. That's why we use a content template inside the loop of a view, in order to display each post from the view's result.

I was able to make it work by using an intermediate content template. You can edit it here hidden link

<video class="single-video" controls="" autoplay="">
  <source src="[types field='video-upload' output='raw'][/types]">
</video>

Then I used this content template with a shortcode inside the Elementor single post template. Check this screenshot hidden link

[wpv-post-body view_template="video-post-video-upload-player"]

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions.

Many thanks Jamal. Once again, you've solved my problem! Have a great weekend.

Best regards
James

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.