Skip Navigation

[Resolved] updating database

This support ticket is created 3 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 25 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by corineV 3 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

This was the debug from the live site, so all plugins are active. Do you need also the debug log from the staging site?

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Sorry, I don't mean the debug info about your plugins etc from Toolset (you already provided that), I mean your PHP logs.

If you haven't already, turn on the debug log by editing your wp-config.php file and change the line with WP_DEBUG like so:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);
define('WP_DEBUG_LOG', true);
define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false);
define('WP_DISABLE_FATAL_ERROR_HANDLER',true);

That will create a debug.log file in your /wp-content/ directory which you can examine in any text editor.

I was looking to see what, if anything, is output to the log when you try to run the migration and it fails.

Schermafbeelding 2020-12-04 om 12.20.19.png

Hi Nigel,
sorry to ask (feels stupid) but after adding the code to wp-config.php and running the database-migrations again, I don't see any log-files in wp-content.

Nigel
Supporter

No problem, that just means that no errors were written to the log, and there won't be such a file until such time as an errors or warnings are generated.

As this seems to be specific to your server, can we get credentials to access the site? I may want to temporarily add one or two plugins to help with debugging if that's okay.

If this same problem occurs on your staging site, let's use that rather than the live site.

Let me mark your next reply as private so that I can get log-in credentials from you—you may want to create a temporary admin user for me to use that you can later delete. And be sure to have a current backup of your site.

Nigel
Supporter

Thanks Corine

I've done some preliminary checks and have shared details with the lead Types developer, who will look at this next week. Please keep the staging site available until I get back to you with an update, if that's okay.

Hi Nigel,
hope you are oké and healthy!

I updated the staging website to latest version of WP and all plugins. Still no change in this issue.
> The upgrade process is starting...
> Precondition "correct database layer mode"... OK
> Precondition "toolset_associations table exists"... ERR

Is there already an solution coming?
Thanks.

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Corine

I don't have an update for you yet, I'm afraid.

I spoke to the Types developer this morning and they said they were working on it today (there is your site plus one other where the migration will not complete with the same error message, though the specifics are different). They have been working on related issues until now that were more urgent (your site will continue to work normally without completing the migration).

There will be a few absences over Christmas, but hopefully we'll have something for you soon, and if not before Christmas, have a good one.

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Corine

Happy New Year.

Just to keep you up-to-date, the Types developer has identified the problem in your case (it relates to the specifics of how the database reports the tablenames in the context of the particular prefix you are using), and it will be trivial to fix.

I'm not sure when the fix will become available right now, but we have got to the bottom of the problem.

I'll let you know when a fix is out.

Thank you Nigel. Happy new year for you too! I'll wait a bit longer. Thanks for letting me know.

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Corinne

The Types update is now available from your account downloads page. If you don't see it in the WordPress admin, click the Check for Updates button on the Toolset installer page.

Great work! Thank for the update. My issue is resolved now.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.