Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Updating an existing CPT post will not use the right layout

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqar 4 months, 4 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

I am trying to: Update an existing CPT post

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: No links but I have recordings hidden link

I expected to see: front end update with the new content with the right layout

Instead, I got: the wrong layout

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

Based on your report, I was able to reproduce this behavior on my test website too. If the Toolset Blocks/Views plugin is active along with the Layouts plugin, the layout assignment is lost for a post when it is updated from the admin area.

I've shared these findings with the concerned team for further investigation and will keep you updated through this ticket.

Meanwhile, if the website is not using other elements from Toolset Blocks plugin like content templates, views and archives, you can deactivate the Toolset Blocks plugin, to avoid this.

regards,
Waqar

Hi there!

Just wondering if this has been fixed yet. I'm not able to deactivate Toolset Blocks since the new view is using it.

Thanks for checking in.

It turns out that when using a legacy product 'Layouts', the expectation is that it will be used with the Toolset Views plugin rather than with Toolset Blocks.
https://toolset.com/errata/layout-assignment-lost-when-updating-posts/

Here are the steps that you can follow:

1). From WP Admin -> Plugins, deactivate the 'Toolset Blocks' plugin.

2). From Toolset Downloads ( https://toolset.com/account/downloads/ ), download the 'Toolset Views' plugin.
( it offers the same features as the 'Toolset Blocks' plugin)

3). Install and activate the 'Toolset Views' plugin from WP Admin -> Plugins -> Add New Plugin.

After these steps, the layout assignment will keep working, without missing out on any other features.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.