Skip Navigation

[Closed] Update button is greyed out in posts when Toolset Blocks is activated

This support ticket is created 2 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Jamal 2 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author

Hi. I am having the same problem as the following support ticket:

https://toolset.com/forums/topic/update-button-greyed-out-in-posts-when-toolset-blocks-is-activated/

When the Toolset Blocks plugin is active, I cannot update pages. The Update (and also the Publish) button is greyed out so I cannot update pages. Following the advice in the ticket above, I downgraded my PHP from 7.4 to 7.3, but my web host (WP Engine) does not offer a lower version than 7.3.

I have deactivated all plugins and changed themes to a default WordPress theme. When Toolset Blocks is the only active plugin, I have this Update button problem.

Is there a different solution? I am having the same problem on a separate site that is also hosted by WP Engine. It is not possible for me to work on my sites.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

It sounds like some network requests (the block editor pings the server using the REST API) may be being blocked, and that is possibly breaking the interactivity on the site.

While you are in the back end, with the browser console open can you reload examples of the problem pages?

Do you see any errors reported in the console?

Switch to the network tab where you can see all the server requests, and see if any of the requests are shown as failing, possibly with an HTTP error code.

If you have any details such as that it may give a clue as to what is happening.

Thanks. There is indeed an error in the Inspect Console for the main page I'm having this problem with. Here is the error message:

DevTools failed to load source map: Could not load content for chrome-hidden link: HTTP error: status code 404, net::ERR_UNKNOWN_URL_SCHEME

I put this error message into Google. In a problem unrelated to mine, someone on Stack Overflow mentioned that they had a similar Console error which went away when they uninstalled their Loom Chrome extension. I just removed my Loom Chrome extension. The above error message went away, but I am still having the same problem with the greyed out Update button that will not work (it greys out/disables immediately after I make an edit to the page).

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello there! This is Jamal from the Toolset Support team. If you don't mind, I'll continue with you on this ticket.

I don't think this error is relevant. And I still suspect what Nigel has talked about, maybe there are some REST API calls blocked by the server, and that causes the update button to be disabled.

Can I access your website and check this further? Your next reply will be private to let you share credentials safely. ** Make a database backup before sharing credentials. **

I might need to migrate your website to our online platform to check if this happens only with WP Engine or also on our servers. Please let me know if you allow me to migrate your website?
Once we resolve this issue we'll remove the copy from our servers.

Hi Jamal. Thank you for your response. I have had a very busy week and haven't gotten around to this yet. I definitely can give you access to the site but I've got to get some sleep first. Assuming the next reply I send is private, I can proceed. Thanks again.

Nick

In other words, can you activate the login credentials/items again for me so that when I log in to Toolset tomorrow I can give you access? Thanks.

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello Nick, your next reply will be private. Please share FTP access too, so I can activate PHP debugging and check the logs file for anything that could help.

The topic ‘[Closed] Update button is greyed out in posts when Toolset Blocks is activated’ is closed to new replies.