Skip Navigation

[Resolved] update available options for postmeta input after updating another postmeta

This support ticket is created 2 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by hadiN 2 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I have a toolset view that has 2 postmeta select dropdown inputs. when selecting an option on one input I want the other select dropdown options to be updated (hide the irrelevant options) so the results are always available.

Is there any documentation that you are following?
https://toolset.com/documentation/legacy-features/views-plugin/advanced-settings-custom-search/
the part of "Show only available options for each input"

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Can you please share problem URL and admin access details so I can review your current view settings and after reviewing it I will be able to guide you in the right direction.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

This issue is resolved. These are my post meta fields

[wpv-control-postmeta field="wpcf-flight-from" type="select" class="uk-select" default_label="[wpml-string context='wpv-views'] From [/wpml-string]" url_param="wpv-wpcf-flight-from"]
[wpv-control-postmeta field="wpcf-flight-to" type="select" class="uk-select" default_label="[wpml-string context='wpv-views'] To [/wpml-string]" url_param="wpv-wpcf-flight-to"] 

The issue is resolved when I removed wpml-string tag fom defaul_label attribute. But I am not sure how to translate the default_label value.
My updated code:

[wpv-control-postmeta field="wpcf-flight-from" type="select" class="uk-select" default_label="From" url_param="wpv-wpcf-flight-from"]
[wpv-control-postmeta field="wpcf-flight-to" type="select" class="uk-select" default_label="To" url_param="wpv-wpcf-flight-to"] 

Minesh
Supporter

Are you using WPML to translate your site? If yes, Can you please share problem URL and admin access details.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

I've search for the "to" and "From" strings from WPML -> String Translation and then translated as "ar to" and "ar From". You can adjust the string translation values as required for "to" and "From" strings.
=> hidden link

I can see the translations are displayed at frontend:
- hidden link

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.