Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Unable to show dropdown in select with shortcode

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by himanshuS 1 year, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

I want to show a dynamic dropdown with a generic select and shortcode combo.

I have followed the protocol suggested for generic field but still the fields don't show up. What am I mission?

Link to page: hidden link

Form setup - hidden link

Hello,

In the screenshot you provided above, there is a custom shortcode [xyz-ics ...], how do you setup it?
You can follow our document to setup the outputs of your custom shortcode:
https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/forms/cred-shortcodes/#cred_generic_field
section "cred_generic_field", click link "Usage examples"

If you need more assistance for it, here is a test site:
hidden link
You can reproduce the same problem in above test site, I need to test and debug it in a live website, thanks

Luo,
The output of the shortcode is visible on the page itself (hidden link) and it follows the format:
[
{"value":"user1","label":"User1"},
{"value":"user2","label":"User2"},
{"value":"user3","label":"User3"}
]

Output sample:
[{“value”:77179,”label”:”Hopper”},{“value”:77176,”label”:”Procter & Gamble”}]

I think the format is accurate. or is it?

There are extra "[" and "]" characters in your custom shortcode outputs, please try to change the shortcode in your screenshot:
hidden link
line 21, as below:

"options":[xyz-ics ...]

And test again

Thanks, Luo. I was able to make it work by inserting "" on the value field.

Now the output looks like this - hidden link

Is there a way to allow users to search for names in the select drop-down list? It's a long list and I don't want them to scroll down.

I tried to use the following recommendation from another thread but it did not work : https://toolset.com/forums/topic/select-with-search/

There isn't such kind of built-in feature within Toolset Forms plugin generic field, you might consider custom codes, for example select 2:
hidden link

For your reference.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.