Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Unable to disable has_archive and publicly_queryable in CPT settings

This support ticket is created 3 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Christian Cox 2 years, 12 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

Hi,

I'd like to have a CPT that will be accessible via views and perhaps via post relationships but I don't want it to be ever accessible via its own archives or single pages. As far as I understand it, I have to disable has_archive and publicly_queryable variables but whenever I save my CPT, those settings fall back to being enabled, why?

Hello, let me ask my 2nd tier support team for more information about this, I'm able to see the same behavior in my local test site and I'm not quite sure why it is not possible to turn off these options. I'll let you know what I find out, and if there is a better solution.

It seems this issue was introduced in the recent update to Types v. 3.4.8. Our developers are now aware of the problem and are working on a solution. If you need to disable these options, the current workaround is to downgrade to Types 3.4.7, where the issue does not occur. I'll keep you posted here as we work towards a solution in a future release. If a patch is made available I'll let you know as soon as possible.

Thanks for the report, and I'll keep you updated here.

Hello, our developers pushed out a fix for this issue in the latest plugin release yesterday. If you have not yet been prompted to update in wp-admin, you can go to Plugins > Add New and click the "Commercial" tab. Then scroll down to the Toolset panel and click "Check for updates". That should give you access to the latest plugin updates. Please let me know if the issue is not fully resolved.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.