Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Unable to add View to page – Fields/Views button doesn't load

This support ticket is created 5 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 16 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shane 5 years ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

I am trying to: Add a View to a Page. Also Fusion Builder doesn't work with Content Template - critical

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

I expected to see:

Instead, I got:

fusion.jpg
insert-view.jpg

screenshots: this is what happens when i click insert view and what content template looks like with fusion builder:

also, i've disabled all the plugins i can disable - and this was working before the last major wp update.. thanks.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Malaga,

Thank you for getting in touch.

I suspect an error is being generated on the page because of this issue.

Would you mind allowing me to have access to the site as well as access to the page that this issue is occurring on?

I want to check on the error to see if it will lead me to the issue.

Thanks,
Shane

errors.jpg

ok, but is this what you're looking for? these are errors on the insert view problem. the fusion builder problem has no errors.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Malaga,

Yes this what I'm looking for.

It seems that something is breaking the views when trying to insert it on the page.

Could you prepare a duplicator of the site since you've sent a screenshot of the error. I want to setup the site locally here for testing as well as to provide to our 2nd tier supporters should I need to escalate.

To provide the copy please follow the instructions in the link below.
https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

Thanks,
Shane

so neither of these are known issues?

on a new page i'm able to insert a view but on existing pages i often get the error - but i can work around by creating a new page and starting over.

the fusion builder issue is much more critical - any fix for that?

(on the insert view issue, it is only a problem once the page is saved. with a new page, i can insert a view. )

Shane
Supporter

Hi Malaga,

Regarding the fusion builder issue from your original thread post our Team is actually working on this.

I will add your ticket to the escalated thread as reference as well.

Right now there is no solution.

Thanks,
Shane

the fusion builder issue has been going on since the major wp upgrade - it seems like an awfully long time to still be an issue. I have clients waiting on orders that we can't fill because we can't edit content templates.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Malaga,

Based on what I see on our escalated ticket the issue was actually reported on the 8th of April.

Could you confirm how long you've been experiencing this issue?

Thanks,
Shane

I believe it was since the last major WP update (gutenberg) but i'm not absolutely sure. it's much longer than April 8th though. the first time i had the problem was over a month ago.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Malaga,

Thanks for the update on when this started to occur.

At this time we are actually waiting on a fix. A reminder has been set in the escalated thread to ensure that this gets fixed.

Right now i'm not seeing an ETA for this issue.

Thanks,
Shane

ok, thank you.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Malaga,

I see on our internal ticket that there is somewhat of a fix, however the issue is on Avada side of this.

The fix is this code here.

add_filter( 'fusion_builder_default_post_types', 'tssupp_2973_register_content_templates_in_fusion_builder' );
add_filter( 'fusion_builder_allowed_post_types', 'tssupp_2973_register_content_templates_in_fusion_builder' );
function tssupp_2973_register_content_templates_in_fusion_builder( $post_types ) {
    $post_types[] = 'view-template';
    return $post_types;
}

Add it to your functions.php file and it should cause it to start loading again. I would recommend that you get in touch with the Avada support and ask them if they can try to move the call that initializes the list of supported post types to a little later as it is running it too early.

Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.