Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Trying to use fluid (full width) background using WP Twentysixteen theme

This support ticket is created 7 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by erikE-3 7 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author
Skärmklipp 2016-09-20 16.47.24.png

I'm working on a new site for my client.
This time I wanted to try the new WordPress theme Twentysixteen as a starter theme.
I downloaded all necessary plugins for Toolset including the integration plugin from Twentysixteen.

To my disappointment I just found out that I'm not able to select the full width background option on my layouts (see attached image).

It doesn't matter what layout I choose, everything still stays within the fixed width of the theme.

Now what?

Thanks, Pierre

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

The problem is a limitation of the theme itself which doesn't have full-width templates.

The Layouts integration plug-in simply reproduces the functionality of the theme but makes it work with Layouts. But it works within the constraints of the theme.

With twenty sixteen if you look at the source for any given page you will see that all of the content area (between the header and footer) falls within a container div with id="content" and class="site-content".

That class is used to add left and right padding, which means whatever is added to the content area is bound within it. You can change the padding on that div on particular pages so that the content can extend to full width.

OK,
Thanks, Nigel.

I Switched to the Toolset Child theme instead.

/Pierre

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.