Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Trying to creating a view with a repeatable group but no results are showing.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
Trying to creating a view with a repeatable group but no results are showing.

Solution:
To display the repeating field group belongs to specific post you will require nested views where one view we will require to query the Show Dates post type and one view to query the related Show repeating field group items.

You can find the proposed solution in this case with the following reply:
=> https://toolset.com/forums/topic/trying-to-creating-a-view-with-a-repeatable-group-but-no-results-are-showing/#post-1863229

Relevant Documentation:
- https://toolset.com/course-lesson/creating-and-displaying-repeatable-field-groups/

This support ticket is created 3 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by nicoleR-3 3 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author
Screenshot_2020-11-29 Show Schedule - Topline Training.png
Screenshot_2020-11-29 Edit View ‹ Topline Training — WordPress.png
Screenshot_2020-11-29 Edit View ‹ Topline Training — WordPress(1).png
Screenshot_2020-11-29 Edit View ‹ Topline Training — WordPress(2).png
Screenshot_2020-11-29 Edit Group ‹ Topline Training — WordPress.png
Screenshot_2020-11-29 Edit Show Date ‹ Topline Training — WordPress.png

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I want to creating a listing of events with name of event, start date, end date, location, and a field for additional information, to be presented by month. I created a repeating group with the necessary fields to make it easier to add the events for each month. I then created my view but I must be missing some key setting or step along the way, because when I insert my view where I want it, I am getting "No items found" as the result, instead of the events I entered. I've attached all the applicable screen shots, but let me know if you need some other information.

Is there any documentation that you are following?
Looked at applicable documentation and can't figure out where I'm going wrong, as this seems fairly straightforward.

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Based on the screenshots you shared, I can see you are using the legacy views to display the repeating field group where you set to query post type "Show Dates" as well as repeatable field group "Show":
=> https://toolset.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/1860895-Screenshot_2020_11_29_Edit_View_Topline_Training_WordPress.png

If your plan is to display custom fields of post type "Show Dates" on single post, then you should create a content template where you should add the fields belongs to post type "Show Dates" and set your view to query only repeatable field group "Show".

Please let me know if its not clear yet, you should pass me the information what fields you want to display exactly where and I would be happy to assist you further.

Here is the Doc that you should follow to display repeatable field group using Block mode:
=> https://toolset.com/course-lesson/creating-and-displaying-repeatable-field-groups/

Screenshot_2020-11-30 Edit Content Template ‹ Topline Training — WordPress.png

I do have a content template with the applicable fields. And I tried changing the query options but still am not getting any results.

Minesh
Supporter

That is strange. Based on the screenshot you shared I can see that you are using the WPBakery page builder to build the content template. Is there specific reason you are using WPBakery page builder as you can build content template using Gutenberg blocks as well.

I will require admin access details to check further whats going wrong with your setup.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

Can you please check now: hidden link

To display the repeating field group belongs to specific post you will require nested views where one view we will require to query the Show Dates post type and one view to query the related Show repeating field group items.

I've created the following view that will be used to query the Show Dates post type where I've setup the query filter for taxonomy Months as:

Select posts with taxonomy:
Months slug in one of those set by the View shortcode attribute wpvmonth
eg. [wpv-view name="view-name" wpvmonth="xxxx"]

And adjusted the loop editor as given under:

<wpv-loop>
          <h2>[wpv-post-taxonomy type="month" format="name"]</h2>
          [wpv-view name="january-shows"]
</wpv-loop>

And adjusted how we add the view to your page as given under:
=> hidden link

{!{wpv-view name='display-show-dates' wpvmonth='january'}!}

This way you can display the show dates for different months, for example:

{!{wpv-view name='display-show-dates' wpvmonth='march'}!}

Also check the adjustment I've done with the "Query Filter" and "Loop Editor" section of the "January Shows" view:
=> hidden link

Glad to help 🙂

I never would have figured that out on my own. Thanks so much!

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.