Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Try to convert MemberPress to Toolset

This support ticket is created 7 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 7 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

I'm trying to convert a website from Membership Press to Toolset. I now work in a copy. In Member Press, I have created fields in that I now want to use with Toolset.
I go into the User Field Control and looking up my fields that I want to convert, change so that they belong to a group that I created in User Fields, but the result is not so good.
1. When I change so that Toolset has control over the fields so they changed to Single Line. I can not change them in the User Field to Checkboxes as they were in the MemberPress.
2. When I look at a user in Users so it looks like it has just created a copy of the fields, they are duplicated into two groups, the new that I created and the old Memperpress group.
Is there a good way to convert fields from the Membership Press, has been sitting all day now and tried different exports and imports plugs. ?

Hello,

May second issue is not an issue 🙂
It was a plugin "Import users from CSV with meta" that caused dual field in "Users"

Dear Torbjörn,

1) Only "simple" kinds of fields can be convereted without data or feature loss, The types custom checkboxes field is very special, it stores value in a serialized array, so it is not possible to control a custom checkboxes field from other plugin.

All we can suggest you is create new checkboxes field with Types plugin to replace the old checkboxes field.

2) This is abnormal, please try this:
deactivate other plugins and switch to wordpress default theme, and test again

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.