Skip Navigation

[Resolved] translating default value of custom field

This support ticket is created 8 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Adriano 8 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Adriano.

Author
default-value.jpg

I am trying to: translate the default value of a custom field.

I use wpml and am able to translate the field name ect. with string translation - but the default value does not appear in the translation list.

I have set the translation preferences to "translate"

How do I get the default value translated?

Thank you for contacting us here in the Support Forum and for providing the Debug Informations

There is a BUG in WPML/Types that makes return the Types Custom Fields as strings and they will be intercepted by WPML String Translation.

This is wrong, as Custom Fields are in the Post Meta and should not be translated as Strings.

This issue is currently under analyzation of our DEV Teams and we will provide a fix in Types Plugin ASAP.

Also, regarding default values not translatable, this issue I already reported too, and am awaiting updates from the DEV team if we will provide a fix for this issue with the same fix for above issue.

Please expect my informations here in the forum.

Thank you for your patience.

Hi Beda

Thank you for the quick reply - I look forward to a solution 🙂

I'll leave this ticket open until I hear further.

/Lisbeth

This should be solved now with latest WPML and Types.

Can you confirm it si working for you too?

Hi Beda
Thank you for letting me know.
I updated to the latest version. I can still translate the field names, but not the default value.
I searched the string translation for a specific default value but it dosen't find it.
/Lisbeth

You will need WPML, String Translation and Translation Management for this to work.

Set the Types Field translation preferences to Translate.

You can then save you fields in English, and after scan your theme and plugins for new strings under WPML > Theme and Plugins Localization

Then, you can translate in String Translation:

1. Labels of as example Radio Field Option

2. The actual values you save for a Filed (on the Post edit screen) can not anymore be translated in String Translation but only in the Post translations, as expected.

3. The Default and Placeholders unfortunately still seem to present some issues.

I have asked the DEV to have a look at this, I am not 100% sure if this actually is expected, because it is a Value, just like if you would save a (manually entered) Fields value.

Please let m await their feedback an dI'll update you here.

Hello,

Do you still need some assistance here?

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.