Skip Navigation

[Closed] Translate the Post Form message

This support ticket is created 2 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqar 2 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author
Screenshot 2021-10-15 at 1.20.12 AM.png

Dear Sir/Madam,

I build many post forms using Toolset Forms, I don't want to translate the message within the form, may I know whether Toolset Forms has its own .po file? I want to simply copy the .po file to all my sites rather than translate them one by one.

Best regards,

Kelvin.

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Kelvin,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

Yes, the .po file for the Toolset Forms plugin is available at:
/wp-content/plugins/cred-frontend-editor/library/toolset/cred/embedded/locale/orig/wp-cred.po

regards,
Waqar

Dear Waqar,

I use the Loco Template plugin when I create a new language, it copies the original language but the copied po has only 5 strings, I guess it was copied from /wp-content/plugins/cred-frontend-editor/cred-frontend-editor.pot but not the same content as /public_html/clients/smartcook/wp-content/plugins/cred-frontend-editor/library/toolset/cred/embedded/locale/orig/wp-cred.po

May I know the difference between them? If I replace the /wp-content/plugins/cred-frontend-editor/cred-frontend-editor.pot with /public_html/clients/smartcook/wp-content/plugins/cred-frontend-editor/library/toolset/cred/embedded/locale/orig/wp-cred.po, will it be override when plugin being updated?

Waqar
Supporter

Thanks for writing back.

The file "cred-frontend-editor.pot" most likely was created by your translation plugin, as it is no longer included with the Toolset Forms plugin, by default.

You can copy the file "wp-cred.po" that includes all the strings and place it in place of the "cred-frontend-editor.pot" file and see if the Loco Template plugin is able to detect all the strings.

To learn exactly how this plugin detects and maintains the language files for third-party plugins, you can consult its official support and documentation.

Dear Waqar,

Yes, it is confused there is cred-frontend-editor.pot but not be used by default, no matter I use WPML or 3rd party translator, which file is the main translation for this plugins?

Best regards,

Kelvin.

Waqar
Supporter

The main translation file for the Toolset Forms plugin is:
/wp-content/plugins/cred-frontend-editor/library/toolset/cred/embedded/locale/orig/wp-cred.po

Have you tried copying the strings from this file into the .po file added by your translation plugin?

The topic ‘[Closed] Translate the Post Form message’ is closed to new replies.