Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Translate string with loco translate

This support ticket is created 3 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Christian Cox 2 years, 12 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

Hi,

I have create form for user to create post, form for editing post, form for registration.. How can I translate strings with loco, I can't find and string I need to translate (Replace image, Upload or select image, Username, password,..)

best regards,
Marko

Hello, I'm not sure how Loco translate registers strings for translation. Toolset Forms are tightly integrated with WPML's translation editor, where the preferred translation method is to resave the Form contents, then send the Form to translation. Then the Form strings will appear in the translation editor so you can translate all the appropriate Form contents. Does Loco translate provide a shortcode you can use to wrap strings to be registered for translation? If not, I suggest resaving your Form contents with Loco active to see if that registers the necessary strings for translation.

I don’t understand how I have to translate forms. I installed wpml, started syncing all the plugins but it still doesn't find the strings I want.

I need to translate login form, custom registration form.

One question extra, I need to add txt label for password config input.

I don’t understand how I have to translate forms. I installed wpml, started syncing all the plugins but it still doesn't find the strings I want.
You must send each Form to translation, as explained here: https://toolset.com/course-lesson/translating-views-content-templates-archives-and-forms/#translating-forms

One question extra, I need to add txt label for password config input.
I'm not quite clear what you mean, can you provide some more information about what you want to accomplish?

No.

I need to translate only label field of login form and my custom form, I don't need to translate all page.

I see link you send to me but I don't want pay for translate. I need to translate that string by mayself. I put that my language are CROATIA, so I need to translate some EN words to HR.

How can I translate string only?

I see link you send to me but I don't want pay for translate. I need to translate that string by mayself.
When you send the Form to the translation queue, you can translate it yourself without paying extra for a translation service. In WPML you can set yourself as a translator and pick up items from the translation queue for translation. The extra professional translation service is not required, but optional.

I will ask my 2nd tier support team about individual string translation without WPML. We had some code snippets available using the gettext filter, but after some recent updates in Forms those snippets no longer seem to work. Are these the only strings you need to translate?
Replace image, Upload or select image, Username, password

I can ask about any others as well. Hopefully we can provide a simple PHP function to translate the individual strings you need.

Hi Christian,

I managed to solve the translation problem, thank you.

I have second question (you can create another ticket). I find out this: https://toolset.com/forums/topic/is-it-possible-to-use-custom-post-fields-within-a-wordpress-shortcode/
You where been helping about this problem (get image from post with ID). I create everything but not work for me. Pleas can you inpect and suggest me what I doing wrong?

I have 12 field for image to upload (or I must user one image multiple instance field), I put function in snipet, register get_image_ids as 3rd party shortcode argument..but nothing show. I need image ID so I can put shortcode in my gallery element so that I will have image gallery lightbox.

My current solution are very bad.

best regards,
Marko

New threads created by Christian Cox and linked to this one are listed below:

https://toolset.com/forums/topic/image-gallery-with-lightbox-issue/

Just to say I got to display image but very bad, not clicable (on click open lagre image), not in grid and problem with closing bracket in code.
I try to use this: <p>[cz_gallery id="cz_77972" images="[gallery ids="[get_image_ids post_id='[wpv-post-id]']"]"]</p> Not work.

Or this:
[gallery columns="4" link="file" size="medium" ids="[gallery ids="[get_image_ids post_id='[wpv-post-id]']"]"]
Work but on clicable and not in grid.

Okay I have split off a separate ticket where we can discuss this issue with image IDs, galleries, and custom code. Thanks for letting me know about the translation issue. I think we can close here now.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.