Skip Navigation

[Closed] Toolset Visual Editor Broken?

This support ticket is created 3 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Nigel 3 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author
Screen Shot 2020-08-20 at 3.06.50 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-08-20 at 3.05.25 PM.png

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I am trying to use the visual editor to make a new template to generate images from a database. When I click the visual editor, the screen just goes grey - I tried this in Chrome/Brave/ and Firefox browsers with any ad blockers off and it still doesnt work. The other options - like insert an image/text work fine, its only the visual editor that I can't seem to get to work.

Is there any documentation that you are following?
No, if you have a suggestion I am happy to follow one!

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

I just checked on my local test site with the current plugin versions and running WordPress 5.5 and I don't experience any problems, it works as expected.

Before going any further, though, I'd like to ask why you are using Layouts. You are a new user, and Layouts is a deprecated plugin which is really only intended for longer-standing users with existing sites. For new users it is expected that you would be using Blocks.

Can I check if there is a good reason for you to use Layouts, first?

Thank you Nigel for the response. I am a new user

Do you have a guide I could use. I installed all of toolset and was following a tutorial that described how to use toolset layouts. Should i deactivate the layouts plugin?

So as a follow up, I was trying to follow this tutorial:
hidden link

But there are no options on my site for toolset blocks, and it is a plugin that is installed and activated.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

I recommend you disable and remove Layouts, yes.

As for guides, I'm not sure what you are aiming to do, so I suggest you start at the beginning, at the documentation page, where you can find getting started guides: https://toolset.com/documentation/

If you are not seeing the Toolset Blocks double-check the settings at Toolset > Settings to make sure that the Blocks UI is chosen.

The topic ‘[Closed] Toolset Visual Editor Broken?’ is closed to new replies.