Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Toolset views interfering with taxonomy

This support ticket is created 2 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by johnh-18 2 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author
Screenshot 2021-11-17 at 15.29.52.jpg

I am trying to:
I have created a new taxonomy and when going to post pages, I can not see the taxonomy in the sidebar. Instead I get an error saying 'An error occurred loading the Yoast SEO primary taxonomy picker' (see attachment). Consequently I contacted Yoast and they recommended that I put the site into troubleshooting mode and start deactivating all plugins and also try a different theme and the conclusion is that it is 'Views' that is causing the problem.
Another problem that seems to be (although I am not entirely certain) related to 'Views' is that I occasionally get a page rendering problem in the editor. The error message is as follows

TypeError: t.indexOf is not a function
at hidden link
at Array.map (<anonymous>)
at Pi.renderTerms (hidden link)
at Pi.render (hidden link)
at Ie (hidden link)
at rh (hidden link)
at zj (hidden link)
at Th (hidden link)
at tj (hidden link)
at Te (hidden link)

A third problem, which may be related to 'Types' is that with all plugins deactivated apart from 'Types' which is required in order to see the posts in the CPTs, is that when editing a page and ticking a box of the new taxonomy, the box is empty when I do a refresh (I am obviously saving the page before I refresh the page). BUT if I tick the box in 'Quick Edit' mode, it stays ticked.

I noted that 'Toolset Views' is listed as a legacy item - does that mean that going forward, all views have to be created using 'Blocks'? Also, I understand that 'Blocks' and 'Views' can not be activated simultaneously (although Jamal had written 9 Jan this year 'You can activate both editing experiences(block editor or legacy editor) in Toolset->Settings->General(tab)->Editing experience'. I have ticked 'Show both the legacy and Blocks interface and let me choose which to use for each item I build' but still, I can not activate both plugins)

If I deactivate Views and activate Blocks, will the views created in 'Views' still work?

A rather long message covering different aspects so please let me know if you prefer I break it up in several tickets.

Best regards / jan

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

I expected to see:

Instead, I got:

error.jpg

Hello again, here is some additional info. I mentioned in my earlier message that a rendering problem may be related to 'Views'. Reason I believe it may be related to is that it only happens when 'Views' is activated. Also, I have attached a screenshot showing the type of error message that appears on the screen and the snippet of code included in the previous message is what you get when clicking 'copy error'.
Best regards / jan

edit-page.jpg

Hello,

I can login into your website, but I don't see the same problem as your screenshot, see my screenshot edit-page.JPG.
It works fine with my Chrome browser.

And it might be a cache problem, please try to clear your browser cache or try with another browser and test again.

Hi,
Thank you for your message. I have followed your advice and cleared the cache again, tried different browsers and also tested on a completely different computer. The results are kind of mixed.
What was not very clear in my previous message is that the taxonomy that I have a problem with is 'Selections'.
Regardless of which browser or which computer I do this on, I still have the same issue - but not all the time. The 'Selections' taxonomy is linked to two CPT; 'Luxury hotels' and 'Villas & chalets'. Please try a few different posts in each CPT and see if you get consistent results, can you always see the 'Selections' taxonomy in the sidebar?
Also, what is a common denominator regardless of which computer or browser I use, is that even if the option to click the tick box is visible in the sidebar, it does not save the tick.
If you have not already tested, please open a post in one of the CPTs mentioned above, click the tickbox for 'Chalet', click 'update' and then do a refresh of the page and let me know if the tickbox is saved. However, if I do the same in 'Quick Edit' mode, ie tick the box and click 'update' I have no problem saving the taxonomy tick.
Best regards / jan

edit-page2.jpg

I have tried again in your website, with below steps:
1) Login as user "tools"
2) Open URL
hidden link
Click section "Selections", I can see the terms in it, see my screenshot edit-page2.jpg
3) Enable term "Chalets", save the post, I see below a lots of JS errors in your website, refresh the browser, the term settings lost.
4) Edit the taxonomy "Selections":
hidden link
change the slug from "selection" to: selections

Repeat step 2) and 3), it works fine,

So the slug "selection" should be a reserved term, can you confirm it?

Dear Luo,
Thank you for your help and assistance and I can confirm changing the slug solved the problem.
I have been looking for help pages related to 'Views' and 'Blocks' not found any that explain how they are related to each other. If you have any suggestions, please forward the links. Will 'views' eventually be removed and replaced by 'Blocks'?
Best regards /

I assume you are going to setup views with classic editor.

If it is, please try these:
Dashboard-> Toolset-> Settings-> General, in section "Editing experience", enable option: Show both the legacy and Blocks interface and let me choose which to use for each item I build

Refresh, you should be able to see the post views here:
Dashboard-> Toolset-> Views

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.