Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Toolset View search result showing wrong data

This support ticket is created 2 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by jasonG-7 2 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author
image.png

Hi,

1. Sometimes adding a radius of >15 in the search returns incorrect results - i.e. this is correct at "15" as the radius hidden link -

but this includes 1 incorrect result with "20" as the radius hidden link

and 2 incorrect result with "25" hidden link

can you check if the addresses on these 2 meetings match - wondering what address the distance value is using to measure and if it is the same value that is being used to decide what is in this list ?

2. Seems like no coordinates within Maryland are working - very weird - i.e. hidden link

I wanted to provide a copy using Duplicator plugin but it is so slow from around 5 hours that not sure what is happening hidden link. Is it possible for you to check the copy of website if I provide backup using "All in one WP migration" plugin?

Thanks!

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

1. I see that the first 2 links that you've shared use the same "distance_center" coordinates value for the search's reference, but the other 2 use different values.

In the search form above the results, I don't see any field to select the location center or the search radius.

To troubleshoot this, I'll need to see and understand exactly how this view is set up in the admin area and is expected to work.

Can you please share temporary admin login details in reply to this message? With your permission, I'll also download the website's clone/snapshot, using the Duplicator or All in one WP migration plugin, as/if needed.

Note: Your next reply will be private and please make a complete backup copy, before sharing the access details.

2. When I view this 4th link that you've shared, I do see many results. Can you please share some details about what did you mean by "no coordinates within Maryland are working"? I'll be in a better position to investigate this accordingly.

regards,
Waqar

Waqar
Supporter

Thank you for sharing the admin access.

I've downloaded a duplicator package from your website and will share my findings as soon as this troubleshooting completes.

Thank you for your patience.

Hi, Any update?

Hi, Need emergency help. why into toolset forms hidden link below and also into meting edit screen notice are showing hidden link for hidden link. There was no error before. What happened after updating to toolset plugin new version?

Waqar
Supporter

Thank you for waiting.

The issue with the conditional display of fields and the related notices emerged in the current version of Types, 3.4.11.
( ref: https://toolset.com/errata/conditional-display-of-custom-fields-broken-in-types-3-4-11/ )

The fix for this will be covered in the upcoming release of Toolset Types 3.4.12 and I'll update you through this ticket once it is out.

As for the original report about the wrong data showing through the view, I'll share my findings with you shortly.

Waqar
Supporter

Thank you for waiting, as this investigation took longer than I expected.

During troubleshooting, I noticed that your website's map address cache table container many duplicated and incorrect entries for the same addresses.

I followed these steps on your website's clone to fix this distance filter issue:

1. I deleted all the map address cache records from table "{table prefix}_toolset_maps_address_cache".
( you can use the database editing tool like PHPMyAdmin for this)

2. From WP Admin -> Toolset -> Settings -> Maps -> Cached data, I used the "Check for missing cache entries" button.
( ref: https://toolset.com/course-lesson/data-caching-for-maps-addresses/#checking-for-missing-cache-entries )

This forces the Toolset Maps plugin to generate the map's cache entries of all the address type custom fields in the background. This process can take some time depending on how many entries are involved.

Once the map's cache has been regenerated, you'll no longer see the incorrect results in the distance-based search.

Waqar
Supporter

I'd also like to update you that the fix for the issue with conditional fields has now been released in Toolset Types 3.4.12 .
( ref: https://toolset.com/errata/conditional-display-of-custom-fields-broken-in-types-3-4-11/ )

If you don't see an update notice on your plugins page, click the registered link for one of the Toolset plugins to take you to the custom Toolset installer page, and use the Check for Updates button. Alternatively, you can also download the latest versions from your downloads page at toolset.com/account/downloads.

Thanks for your support and patience for searching the solution!

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.