Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Toolset post type is forcing the use of a layout.

This support ticket is created 3 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Minesh 3 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

I am trying to:
Add a new "Innerviews" post. This post type has not previously used a Toolset layout, and when trying to select "Don't use Layout", it automatically takes you to the "Edit Layout" admin for that post type and no matter what you try and do after that ie. select other WP Admin items in the left sidebar, it always redirects you to the Edit Layout page. It also looks like it might be incrementing layouts as I'm now seeing " layout-for-innerviews-5 " as a "Layout slug", but there is no way to tell as I'm unable to see the "Layouts" because of the redirect.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
Gog to "InnerViews/add new"

I expected to see:
A post admin where I can create content without being forced to use a Toolset layout

Instead, I got:
Stuck in the "Edit Layout" for "Layout for InnerViews"

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

I suggest, if you simply do not want to use the Layouts, just deactivate the Layouts plugins and that will help you to resolve your issue.

Layouts plugin is in maintenance mode and we are not going to add any feature to it. We focus on Blocks, so I suggest you can build your site using blocks and just deactivate the Layouts plugin.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.