Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Toolset plugin cannot connect to toolset

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqar 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

I keep getting the following error, "Toolset plugin cannot connect to toolset.com" see attached screenshot.
When I click see communication error details I see the following hidden link. Yesterday I then clicked on the Installer system status and the message seemed to dissaepear but it's back again today. I just clicked on the installer system status as I was texting this and the message disapeared. What is causing this? I can see it's complaining about keys being mismatched, how do I resove this?

Regards

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

The 'site key not matching' message indicates that your website's base domain/URL has changed since this site key was generated.

Every Toolset site key is generated for an individual website's address, which is why when that is changed, you'll need to generate a new one.

I would suggest regenerating the site key for your current website, closely following these steps:

- Please go to your Toolset account's sites management page: https://toolset.com/account/sites/
- Remove the site key that you've used for this website
- Register the same site again, making sure that the URL matches the one set at WP Admin -> Settings -> General -> Site Address (URL)
- Go to your site dashboard again and register the plugin with the newly generated key.
( ref: https://toolset.com/faq/how-to-install-and-register-toolset/ )

Let me know how it goes and if you need any further assistance around this.

regards,
Waqar

Thank you for your feedback, I have regenerated the key but since I already have the toolset plugins active, there's no place for me to enter the new key, do I need to delete all the plugins and re-install them again? I hope not cause last time I had to do such I basically had to re-do all my views and another of other things broke.

Furthermore I can't activate the OTGS plugin, not sure what is causing that.

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

screenshot-unregister.png

> I have regenerated the key but since I already have the toolset plugins active, there's no place for me to enter the new key, do I need to delete all the plugins and re-install them again?

- You won't have to re-install the plugins. Please go to WP Admin -> Plugins -> Add New Plugin -> Commercial and you'll see the link 'Unregister Toolset from this site'.
(example screenshot attached)

Using that will remove the old site key from the website and you'll be able to register the newly created site key.

> Furthermore I can't activate the OTGS plugin, not sure what is causing that.

- That plugin is only needed when no other Toolset plugins are installed. Once any other Toolset plugin is active, that plugin is no longer needed.

stanleyM-2 confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-02-28 09:00:49.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.