Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Toolset plugin cannot connect to toolset

This support ticket is created 2 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Vincent 2 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

I am trying to:
- Register and add a license to a WordPress site.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
- WordPress admin -> Plugins

Instead, I got:
Toolset plugin cannot connect to toolset.com

Toolset needs to connect to its server to check for new releases and security updates. Something in the network or security settings is preventing this. Please allow outgoing communication to toolset.com to remove this notice.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Vincent

I checked your site—thanks for providing the credentials—and I can see the warning dialog.

Because it describes the issue as a problem with the site key on the installer troubleshooting page (if you click the link for communication error details) I unregistered the site and registered it against my own account, but I still get the same warning dialog.

Using the check on the troubleshooting page there don't appear to be any communication issues, and everything appears to be working correctly. I will look into this further to identify why the warning dialog appears, but in the meantime I suggest you re-register the site with your own account, and you can ignore the message for the time being.

I'll get back to you when I have some more details.

toolset-license.png

Hi Nigel,
thank you for getting back to me so quickly.

1. I uninstalled and deleted all Toolset plugins.
2. I downloaded the latest Toolset Types from the download section.
3. I uploaded and activated the Toolset Types.
4. I registered the site via "Get a key for this site"
5. I pasted the key and Toolset is registered on the site.
6. I am able to download Toolset Forms and Toolset Access. Refer to attached

The warning dialogue still persists despite Installer System Status for WPML API server and Toolset API server has a checkmark.

Required PHP Libraries cURL and simpleXML are also checked.

I will wait for your good news when you have more details.

Cheers!

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.