Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Toolset Messaging: Reply to message causes "You cannot view this message"

This support ticket is created 4 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 21 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by simonM-5 4 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Hi Shane

I will look at this this afternoon, just checking in, as I don't want this ticket closed yet...

Cheers
Simon

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Simon,

Thanks for the update.

Hi Shane

I believe I managed to get Fusion Builder to accept the code you suggested, but it is still not working..

Kind regards
Simon

Shane
Supporter

Hi Simon,

I suspect that this is because the problem is that the Message To field is still not being populated.

Could you guide me through on how I can send a message to check the sequence of actions ?

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,

Sorry for the delayed response, I'm in Brazil on holiday and internet connection is very weak.

1) Sign in with role Family (in English only at the moment).
2) Click Find a Native Nanny on the menu bar
3) CLick on any Ad created by the nanny login that you have (check logged in as a Nanny in anohter private browsing tab under person icon > Manage Nanny Ads, there you should see which ones created by Nanny6)
4) When you click on the title of the Ad, it should open the Ad up in full, there you will also see the message box, it should pick up the ID of the Nanny when you send a message from there. At least that was my hope 🙂
5) Now go the inbox of your Nanny (message icon in the menu bar) and try to reply.

Please be aware there may be longer delays from me whilst on holiday, I will keep trying to check in now and again to review updates.

Thanks and best regards
Simon

Hi Shane

Just adding an update so the ticket won't be closed automatically 🙂

Thanks and regards
Simon

Shane
Supporter

Hi Simon,

Thanks,

This should be working now.

I had to change [get_author_id_in_archive] to [wpv-post-author format='meta' meta='ID'] so you can get the ID of the author of the nanny ad.

Please try again and let me know if it works now.
Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane

Sorry for delayed response again. The internet here is just atrocious. 🙂 I did some fresh testing and it appears to be working now! Thank you so much!

I would like to test it more on a better internet connection. There was one case that didn't work for me but it may have been due to something else I think.

Might I suggest you make a documentation enhancement so that others who want to follow the setup guide don't run into the same issues?

Thanks and best regards
Simon

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.