Skip Navigation

[Resolved] TOOLSET MAPS WITH CUSTOM LATITUDE/LONGITUDE

This support ticket is created 5 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Christian Cox 5 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

Hello,

I want to build maps on my website with toolset maps.
I have 2 serious issues:

a) I already have 2600 posts on my webiste with custom fields latitude and longitude. So, I want the map to load the places using these fields and not make new ones
b) Due to recent price changes from google I want to display a map that doesn't load along with the page but you have to click on it to see the places. See an example at the bottom of that site's page to understand what I want > hidden link

I am hoping to your help.

You should be able to do this

- Insert the Map ShortCode in a page or where you want to display it:
[wpv-map-render map_id="map-7"][/wpv-map-render]
- Insert the ShortCode for the marker, and pass the address from lat and long parameters:
[wpv-map-marker map_id='map-7' marker_id='marker-6' lat='38' lon='49'][/wpv-map-marker]
- now edit the last ShortCode, and insert instead of 38 and 49 the ShortCodes of the Fields that store your lat and long (assuming them to be single line fields populated with a real lat/long):
[wpv-map-marker map_id='map-7' marker_id='marker-6' lat='[types field='lat'][/types]' lon='[types field='long'][/types]'][/wpv-map-marker]

Works like a charm in my tests 🙂

Related to the costs, that will not help to save them
The address call is made anyway as soon you load the map / address anywhere (store it, edit it, show it)
It always interacts with Google.

We do provide integration with Azure for this issue, and consider other plans as well to avoid costs.

What are the limits with azure before start charging?

Also I tried them and it seems that I am missing some fetaured. Like the pop up market is not working write.

Also I tried them and it seems that I am missing some fetaured.
Hi, yes the Azure maps integration is still underway. Our developers plan to continue working to get Azure integration up to the level of Google Maps integration, and we recently published a post on our blog about the status of that project: https://toolset.com/2018/07/more-information-about-azure-api-implementation-in-toolset-maps-1-5/

We expect to provide more parity between Google Maps and Azure Maps soon.

What are the limits with azure before start charging?
I will refer you to their documentation:
https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/details/azure-maps/

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.