Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Toolset is unable to update.

This support ticket is created 3 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqar 3 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?
Toolset is unable to update on my account. My WordPress admin dashboard showed a message reading: "Toolset needs to connect to its server to check for new releases and security updates. Something in the network or security settings is preventing this. Please allow outgoing communication to toolset.com to remove this notice." When I clicked on a link for more details, it said: "Installer could not fetch subscription data for toolset. Error message: Invalid site key for the current site."

What is the link to your site?
newspasta.com

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

This message suggests that on your website Toolset was activated with a site key that was generated for a different website.

To regenerate the site key for the current website, please go to the Toolset's site management page ( https://toolset.com/account/sites/ ) and delete the key for the old domain/website URL.

After that, you can generate a new site key using the current website's domain/website URL and register this new key on the website:
( ref: https://toolset.com/faq/how-to-install-and-register-toolset/ )

Once your website is activated with the site key generated for the current website, you'll be able to use the Toolset's automatic update feature.

regards,
Waqar

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.