Skip Navigation

[Escalated to 2nd Tier] Toolset hijacks width of editor on non Toolset blocks

This support ticket is created 3 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Nigel 3 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author
toolset1.png

In my custom theme to get the backend looking as close to the front end as I can I always add the WP block editor widths to support the built in wide/normal/full alignments. See https://developer.wordpress.org/block-editor/developers/themes/theme-support/ the section "Changing the width of the editor #"

.wp-block {
max-width: 720px;
}

/* Width of "wide" blocks */
.wp-block[data-align="wide"] {
max-width: 1080px;
}

/* Width of "full-wide" blocks */
.wp-block[data-align="full"] {
max-width: none;
}

When Toolset is de-activated this works fine, however with toolset active a VERY aggressively specific inline style is applied inline using Important (see image) with some very specific overides I could get this to not affect non toolset blocks for the standard width however the wide alignment then becomes almost impossible.

Toolset should NOT affect Gutenberg pages/editor sections that have no toolset blocks in them, please look into triggering these width overides only on toolset block as it currently breaks the Gutenberg layout of my themes completely.

after a ton of playing around these are the overides I have to add to my theme to get the standard alignments working, I don't see any negative affects taking place on toolset blocks, however installing toolset really needs to not break the WP standard for the theme setting, because I'm not sure in I would have broke any toolset items with this setup.

/* Width of "standard" blocks */
body .wp-block[data-type^="toolset"]:not([data-align^="full"]), body div:not([class]) > .block-editor-block-list__layout > .wp-block:not([data-align^="full"]), body .tb-container > .block-editor-inner-blocks > .block-editor-block-list__layout > .wp-block:not([data-align^="full"]) {
	max-width: $wrapper-width-base !important;
}

/* Width of "wide" blocks */
body div:not([class]) > .block-editor-block-list__layout > .wp-block[data-align*="wide"]:not([data-align^="full"])
{
	max-width: $wrapper-width-wide !important;
}

One last note, even with the edit above I can not show a wide alignment when it's nested inside a toolset container block.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Nicholas

I just tested this and confirm the same.

I've escalated it so it can be reported to the devs, and I'll get back to you when I have some feedback to share.