Skip Navigation

[Resolved] toolset didn't auto checked for updates on my installations.

This support ticket is created 2 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 2.50 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqar 2 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author
Bildschirmfoto 2021-05-02 um 23.48.59.png

I usually keep my plugins up to date. I just discovered that I haven't updated Toolset plugins in a while after comparing the versions and using the "search for updates" button on the Pluings Commercial tab . Do I really have to do this manually, or are there any problems with Toolset's automatic checking?

This almost drove me crazy for running into issues and not realizing that this was due to my non-updated plugins as the dashboard showed me that everything was up to date.

06-after-checking-manually.png
05-before-checking-manually-by-button.png
04-plugin-list-toolset-after-updating-everything-via-dashboard.png
03-after-updating-everything-via-dashboard.png
02-installed-plugin-list-toolset-before-updating.png
01-daschboard-update-list.png

Here is an example for a site that I haven't updated since the end of februar.
01 the Dashboard just shows me that I'll have to update Toolset Blocks 1.4.2 to 1.4.3, Toolset Types don't appears...
02 also the plugin list
03 after updating everything via the dashboard/updates ...
04 it looks like everything is fine (plugin list)
05 even under plugins/add new/commercial he shows no allerts
06 just after pressing the "check for updates" button he shows the actual updats. Toolset Types 3.4.9., Toolset Blocks 1.5.1

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

Just as WordPress and other plugins and themes, the Toolset's update available notifications rely on the WordPress transients to periodically check for available updates.

Are you seeing update available notifications correctly for WordPress and other plugins and themes on this website? Does this website have any transient management or cleaning plugin(s)?

I'll also suggest visiting the Toolset installer debug page, to see if any errors or warnings are recorded?
{yourwebsite.com}/wp-admin/admin.php?page=otgs-installer-support

regards,
Waqar

Bildschirmfoto 2021-05-03 um 10.27.38.png
Bildschirmfoto 2021-05-03 um 10.26.36.png

Hi Waqar,

Are you seeing update available notifications correctly for WordPress and other plugins and themes on this website?
Yes, even Kadence Pro Theme and Blocks which also are external plugins worked fine in the last weeks.

Does this website have any transient management or cleaning plugin(s)?
No

I'll also suggest visiting the Toolset installer debug page, to see if any errors or warnings are recorded?
{yourwebsite.com}/wp-admin/admin.php?page=otgs-installer-support
This are the screenshot of a quite outdatet dev server which i don't work on. But he just shows me to update to Blocks 1.4.2 and Types 3.4.7

if you want i can give you access to the backend of that not updated server.

Does this website have any transient management or cleaning plugin(s)?
No, it don't has.

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Thanks for writing back and for sharing the screenshots.

In your screenshot from the installer debug page, there are several error messages shown related to the invalid site key. It would be explainable if the Toolset site key was registered on one website address, but later the website is transferred to a different address.

As a precaution, you can delete the existing Toolset site key for this site and generate a new one and register it again. This way, any expired/outdated transients will be overwritten with the updated one.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.