Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Toolset content template not displayed for custom post

This support ticket is created 2 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 2 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

I am trying to create and use a Toolset content template for a custom post called Expertise. The Expertise post is a built-in custom post in a theme called UKM Twenty Seventeen. But the website keeps displaying the default template from the theme.

Based on your article https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/theme-support-for-content-templates/, I suspect that the theme does not use the_content function but have its own function. I tried to follow your instruction in the article to identify the name of the function used by the theme, but got stuck at "..copy the call function name that Views displays". I'm not sure where to find that function name. I couldn't find it at the front end (when a post is shown using the theme's default template, nor at the backend (where I edit the post).

For your info, I am able to use Toolset content templates for custom posts that I create using Toolset. It's the theme's built-in custom posts I'm having trouble with.

The website is located at hidden link. The Expertise custom posts are listed at hidden link (displayed using the theme's archive template).

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Could you share a copy of the theme files, zipped, and we can take a look to see if we can determine what is required to be able to use Toolset templates for the expertise post type.

You can paste a link to dropbox or similar, no-one else will be able to see it.

Hello,

Thanks for the details, I have tried theme file you provided above in my localhost:
Edit theme file wp-content\themes\ukm-twentyseventeen-master\templates\single-expertise.php

Add one line in line 10:

<?php the_content(); ?>

It works fine in frontend.

It seems this theme does not use any custom function to render the Expertise post content, all codes are hardcoded in that theme file, and you can remove other unwanted codes from above theme file.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.