Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Toolset Blocks is Causing Elementor Editor to Hang Indefinitely

This support ticket is created 2 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 16 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shane 2 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I want to edit pages with the Elementor Editor while Toolset Blocks is enabled. I have to disable Toolset Blocks via Safe Mode or Troubleshooting mode to use Elementor on any page. I'm happy to do whatever is needed for a workaround, but I haven't found any instructions that fix this for me. I've even tried removing both Content Template assignments and the only thing that makes Elementor work is completely disabling Blocks.

Is there any documentation that you are following?
https://toolset.com/course-lesson/using-toolset-with-elementor-page-builder/ but it isn't clear on exactly what I'm supposed to do to get these two plugins to work together. I only have Toolset Content Templates assigned to two custom post types, not all pages, yet the Elementor Editor hangs on every page so long as Toolset Blocks is enabled.

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Beth,

Thank you for getting in touch.

We recently released an update that brings some compatibility fix in our Toolset Blocks plugin. Can you download and install this update and let me know if the issue still remains.

You can download the update from the link below.
https://toolset.com/account/downloads/

Thanks,
Shane

I have performed the update to the latest version and the issue persists.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Beth,

Would you mind allowing me to have admin access to the website so that I can have a more detailed look at this for you ?

Please where applicable please provide me with a link to an example page where I can see the issue.

I've enabled the private fields for your next response.

Thanks,
Shane

You can edit any page on the website and Elementor will hang.

Sorry, sent too soon. You can get Elementor to work by using Troubleshooting Mode and disabling Toolset Blocks or by enabling Safe Mode in Elementor Tools.

The correct path in FTP is /home/wp_vgn6pr/slaafws.org

Shane
Supporter

Hi Beth,

Unfortunately i'm not able to access any of the settings page on your server.

Are you able to provide me with the information on your server such as the php version ?

If you're using php version 8 then I recommend that you downgrade to version 7 .

Thanks,
Shane

Image2.jpg

That's strange, there isn't anything wrong with my admin, and I already use PHP 7. I've logged in as you and I see everything as expected, screenshot attached. Which browser are you using?

Shane
Supporter

Hi Beth,

Thank you for the clarity.

I'm able to see the issue now. Would it be ok for me to perform some preliminary debugging steps on your site ?

I will need to disable a few of your plugins to ensure that it is a conflict between Toolset and Elementor.

Please let me know.
Thanks,
Shane

Yes, you can do that with Troubleshooting Mode at hidden link
Enable Troubleshooting Mode and the Hello Elementor Child theme, then you can enable any plugins you want there without affecting the live site. If you need to actually disable live plugins, please let me know and I will put a note on the website that people may experience technical issues.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Beth,

I've enabled the troubleshooting mode and managed to enable only the Toolset plugins and elementor and from what I can see the elementor editor is working perfectly fine.

I was able to identify that the plugin that was actually causing the issue was
PDF Thumbnails Premium

Once this plugin was disabled the elementor editor worked fine.

Thanks,
Shane

Image4.jpg
Image3.jpg

That's not what I'm seeing here. I just did the same thing, disabling the PDF thumbnail plugin, and as you can see in the attachment (image3), it's hanging. I have tested over and over and specifically, Toolset Blocks is the one that disabling it makes Elementor work. In image4, I have *only* disabled Toolset Blocks. Then it works great.

This is stranger the more I test. If all my plugins are enabled, including Toolset Blocks, Elementor will never load. If I enable all my plugins, except for Toolset Blocks, Elementor works.

But if I enter Troubleshooting mode and enable only Elementor and the Toolset plugins, it still works. I tried enabling just Elementor, Toolset, and PDF Thumbnails, and it works. That tells me there's some other conflict between Toolset and another plugin that when both are enabled, that's when it breaks. I'm going to test here and see if I can find the two that are triggering this.

Ok, in my tests, the two that seem to trigger Elementor to hang is if Toolset Blocks and the Betterdocs plugins are enabled at the same time. If I disable either one, I can load Elementor consistently, and I reload the page like 5 times to be sure. Are there any known conflicts between Toolset and Betterdocs that could interfere with the Elementor Editor?

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.