Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Toolset Blocks is Causing Elementor Editor to Hang Indefinitely

This support ticket is created 2 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 16 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shane 2 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

I've been at it all morning and I think I actually fixed this. Elementor was hanging on combinations of plugins that didn't make sense. I enabled only the three I thought were conflicting (Toolset Blocks, Betterdocs, and Elementor) and the editor still worked. Then I tried enabling everything and just disabling one plugin at a time, and I noticed that the multiple plugins that broke Elementor were all fairly resource-heavy. I increased my WordPress memory limit in wp-config.php and it seems to be working consistently now with no plugins disabled. I will continue checking to confirm and will get back with you to close this ticket when I'm sure.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Beth,

Thank you for the updates.

My advice here is that you can check if wordpress was running out of memory.

What happens is that an error would be pushed to the php log on your server. From there you can check this php log and it should show a list of all the errors that are being thrown on the site.

Perhaps this is somewhere that you can look as well.

Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.