Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Toolset Blocks Background Property does not accept transparent HEX

This support ticket is created 3 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by smileBeda 3 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author
Failure!.png
Bildschirmfoto 2020-06-24 um 18.41.53.png

When adding a Block that supports Background Color Property, you can't add a HEX Color Value, if the HEX is a colour with transparency.

For example, if you add #cf2e2e, which is a full-colour, it works.
If you, however, add #00ff001C or #d12e2e7d etc, which are all transparent HEX values, it doesn't work.

This used to work in past *at some point*, maybe 2 or 3 months ago, and stopped after some updates, but I did not have time to debug when and where it happened.

I'm aware that you can add RGB values but that's just silly because you need to add 4 numeric values, which are not even fully visible!
Check the "Failure" Screenshot for this addon issue.
UX failure! 😉

(it costs 5 minutes to add an RGB in Blocks, due to this, whereas adding a HEX would cost a second)

Cheers!

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Beda 🙂

We already have an internal ticket about the problem with the numeric input controls when setting RGBA (or HSLA) values.

I checked and confirmed that HEXA values are not accepted, although they are valid and supported by most modern browsers.

I'm adding that to the same internal ticket, it should be possible to handle all of these together.

It is slated to be worked on in the next development cycle (a round of usability improvements that we won't get to in the current cycle).

I think we can close here, unless you want me to escalate and advise you when the release is available which adds support?

Hi Nigel and thanks, for me it’s fine as long it gets addressed 😉

Marking as solved! Finally I can do that too hahaha.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.