Skip Navigation

[Escalated to 2nd Tier] toolset-blocks.1.6.15-alpha doesn't work for WordPress 6.5.2

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Nigel 3 days, 14 hours ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

Hi all,

I'm following up with the updates on this issue: https://toolset.com/errata/wordpress-6-5-update-breaks-editor-if-using-core-media-block-with-dynamic-sources/

I tried the alpha release and I still see the same error. For example, I get the following error whenever I try to edit a template. Since the alpha release works for you, can you help me understand why I still cannot make this work?

TypeError: Cannot read private member #e from an object whose class did not declare it
at get text (hidden link)
at get length (hidden link)
at WI.isEmpty (hidden link)
at save (hidden link)
at ..../wp-content/plugins/toolset-blocks/vendor/toolset/dynamic-sources/build/index.js?ver=253000:2:270603
at Na.<computed> (..../wp-content/plugins/toolset-blocks/vendor/toolset/dynamic-sources/build/index.js?ver=253000:2:270859)
at ..../wp-content/plugins/toolset-blocks/vendor/toolset/dynamic-sources/build/index.js?ver=253000:2:782457

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Yusuf

I wanted to log in to your site to be able to try and see what the template is composed of, but I can't because of a Jetpack SSO login screen.

Is it possible to disable that so that I can use the login credentials you shared?

Hi Nigel,

Sorry, I didn't realise that it is activated on the staging site. I disabled that now

Nigel
Supporter

Thanks.

I logged in an examined your site. I tried editing the template for companies, which loads, but with the same errors in the browser console.

Checking, I see that it uses a pattern block, and that pattern includes blocks which use dynamic sources.

I suspect that's a use case that we've overlooked in testing, and I've shared that with the developers.

I'll report back when I hear from them.

fyi I see the same error when I try to add a new custom post record. You can see that if you try to add a new "Event" custom post type.

Can you please give an update on the status and the timelines for making Toolset compatible with the new WordPress version?

Nigel
Supporter

I'm in contact with the developers each day about this. They say that their best estimate is the start of next week to be able to publish an update.

If they are able to provide a patch that you can employ before then I will let you know.

Thanks for your patience.