Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Toolset Access Control custom user role cannot use Divi Visual Builder

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?
Create a user role in Toolset Access where a particular group of users may edit Pages, but not Posts. Created the user role "Board Member" and used Toolset Access to grant that user permissions to edit posts.

When the user tries to edit a post, they cannot use "Enable Visual Builder" (it just reloads the page). WordPress' "Edit Page" link does bring up an instance of the visual builder, but it sits and spins.

Is there any documentation that you are following?
I tried the solution from this thread https://toolset.com/forums/topic/custom-role-cannot-edit-pages-in-divi-builder/ however it made no difference

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

When you created a new user role, did you use any existing default WordPress user role to copy its privileges?

To troubleshoot this, I'll also need to see how Toolset Access and Divi Builder are set up in the admin area. Can you please share temporary admin login details, along with the exact steps to see the issue?

Note: Your next reply will be private and making a complete backup copy is recommended before sharing the access details.

regards,
Waqar

Thank you for your reply. We figured a way around it. At first, I created the new role from scratch, giving that role the permissions it needed. That didn't work. We created a new copy of the administrator role, set the permissions needed, them removed what we didn't want that user to have access to, and that worked OK. We had to toy with the Role Editor in Divi as well as the Toolset Access settings to get it to work.

Alex Russell confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-04-30 18:57:51.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.