Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Toolset Access 2.8.1.2 does not work as expected

This support ticket is created 4 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Author

Good day

This concerns the following: after updating Toolset Access to the version 2.8.1.2 there are issues regarding the visibility of links to specific user pages.

For example:
1) Before updating: when a user is already logged in the link to log-in has disappeared (=ok) , after updating the link is still present even when a user is already logged in (= not ok)
2) Before updating: when a user is logged in the link to the my account page is visible (=ok), after updating the link is no longer constantly visible, sometimes this link disappears (=not ok)
3) Before updating: when a user is logged in the link to create an account has dissapeared (=ok), after updating the link is still present when a user is already logged in (= not ok)

I discovered it the first time last Saturday after a complete maintenance (done all plugins, theme and WordPress updates), After signaling this problem, I restored the backup and started maintenance again today.
I have done the following steps and have done tests in between to see if the problem occurs and when it occurs:

Updating WordPress 5.1.2 to 5.2.4
Updating Genesis Framework 2.6.1 to 3.1.2

Toolset types: 3.3.2 to 3.3.5
Toolset views: 2.8.4 to 2.9.2
Toolset forms: 2.3 to 2.5.1
Toolset layouts: 2.5.2 to 2.6.2
Toolset maps: 1.7.2 to 1.8.4
Toolset module manager: 1.8.4 to 1.8.6
Toolset woocommerce views: 2.7.8 to 2.7.11

Between these uploads I have tested to see if the problem occurs, the website behaves normally.
The next step is to update Toolset Access and the problem occurs.

Toolset access 2.6.2 to 2.8.1.2

After this I have done maintenance again and have not updated toolset access, version 2.6.2 is currently active,
I cannot use version 2.8.1.2 because of these issues.

Do you have any idea what could be the matter?
Greetings Pascal

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Can you please share details about how you added the links you mentioned to your page/post?

Screenshots-backend.jpg
Screenshots-and-explaining.jpg

Hello Minesh

Thanks for your reply.

These URL's are available in the main navigation menu of the website (on top).
To log in there is a button in the main menu with a URL as hidden link
The same for the my accountpage, there is a button in the main menu with a URL as hidden link
And there is also a button for creating an account with a URL as hidden link account/

It is strange that the login button, for example, remains visible while the user is already logged in.
Or that the my account button is not visible when users are logged in.

At first I thought it was a cache problem but it is strange that it all works on the old version of toolset access,
and not after updating new version

I have added some screenshots.

Greetings Pascal

Minesh
Supporter

This is really strange. As I understand - when you are logged-in you want to display my account page link in the menu?

Can you please share wp-admin access details.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Hello Minesh

I am going to look to make a copy in a test environment, I will probably register an extra domain and make a clone of the site
and I will get back to you as soon as possible. This way you can look at it calmly and it doesn't matter if something goes wrong.

Thanks in advance for your help

Please keep this ticket open

Greetings Pascal

Minesh
Supporter

Sure. Please share access details once you have that.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Dear Minesh

Unfortunately, the problem has not yet been solved.
I made a staging with Blogvault and the strange thing is that the staging works well.
This would mean that it is not the website but something else. We recently tested with W3totalcache, maybe this has something to do with it. But this plugin was removed a while ago.
It could be something with the cache. I contacted my hosting company to see if they can find anything. I'm waiting for a reply. If you know anything else that it could be please let me know.

I suggest closing the ticket for now.

Thanks for your patience and help
Greetings Pascal

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.